Specialist I, Production Planning
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Production Planner - Salary
This current wage range for this position is $66,200 - $103,500
50k sign on/relocation allowance for salaried roles (Candidate should relocate more than 50 mi
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new
- ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our Victorville, CA Facility.
What you’ll do:
Responsible for the planning, buying, and managing inventory levels for the Raw Materials of the Victorville production lines. Provide backup assistance to the Sr. Production planner as needed. Also, to assist in the management of site inventory including systematic research and systematic adjustments in both SAP and WMS as well as assisting with physical cycle counts and research as needed.
- Responsible for always promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Develop production schedules for filling lines based on the weekly corporate planning bucket that efficiently utilizes the production lines and their capacities.
- Track and resolve any issues that may have a negative effect on the bucket or plant utilization with corporate planning.
- Communicate schedule and any subsequent changes to production, receiving, quality control, shipping, and maintenance.
- Issue purchase order releases to plant vendors to obtain materials for manufacturing.
- Track and expedite deliveries (Rail Cars, Tanker Trucks and/or Raw Materials) when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining production orders, material masters and purchase orders in SAP.
- Maintain and distribute delivery schedules for components to suppliers and receiving.
- Proficiently cross-train to assist SR. Production Planner in line scheduling, bottle scheduling, daily supply and demand analysis/reporting and production scheduling exceptions, BOM maintenance, for the purpose of being able to back up the Sr. Production Planner when needed.
- Coordinate with corporate planning the launch of new products and/or the revisions to existing products.
- Issue daily (OTIF, Hot Items, etc.) and weekly reports (such as the Exception Report) to Management
- Control investment in materials by minimizing inventory levels while maximizing material availability to ensure proper levels of inventory resources are maintained for optimum operating efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers with respect to material requirements availability, and deliveries.
- Clearly communicate with corporate purchasing staff for material procurement, new products, and materials to prepare for and accommodate changes in bills of materials.
- Effectively establish priorities to meet established timelines, deadlines, and inventory levels
- Works on problems/issues where critical analysis of situations or data is required and engages appropriate department managers in effectively troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Tracking demurrage and resolving with suppliers when needed
- Proficiently cross-train to assist Raw Inventory Coordinator inventory control/monitoring effectiveness by using updated technologies and best practices to support inventory levels and research of inventory variances.
- Assist Raw Inventory Coordinator with inventory cycle counts and audits.
- Perform frequent RM pallet lane audits.
- Perform frequent Dunnage trailer audits.
- Perform occasional RM trailer audits.
- Coordinate and communicate with Swift and Ryder in the management and movement of trailer that include RMs, Dunnage, are empty…etc.
- Accurately perform daily receiving/production transactions in SAP for raw materials received and consumed in production at the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED required; College degree preferred. Minimum three years’ experience working with Production/inventory control. Supply chain, manufacturing and material vendor conformance processes
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Ability to work independently to deliver results
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with team members from all functions in the facility and at all levels of the organization.
- Effective judgment and decision-making skills along with ability to follow instructions.
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills and performing root cause analysis.
- Tenacious in following project/issue through to completion/resolution and escalate to department manager in a timely manner.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Analytical ability with an aptitude for data/numbers
- Knowledge of transportation practices, warehouse systems, manufacturing, and inventory management software.
- Proficiency with SAP, MS Office and Windows is required. Working background with WMS and ability to work with a variety of web platforms for tracking shipments is necessary.
- Capable of making decisions and illustrate ambiguity.
- Identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of a 6 panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More