A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Are you an experienced Financial Accountant looking for your next role? If the answer is yes - then look no further. Church & Dwight UK Ltd have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team based in Folkestone, Kent for a Fixed Term Contract of 10 months for maternity cover starting from March 2024!
As a Financial Accountant, you will work closely with the Financial Controller to ensure the accurate and timely
preparation of financial accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support and ensure a smooth, accurate month end closing
- Reconciling intercompany recharges and overseeing invoice generation
- Providing monthly foreign exchange rates
- Collaborating with departments for accurate invoice posting and journal entries
- Posting payroll journals into SAP
- Reviewing cost centres and investigating anomalies
- Reconciling balance sheet control accounts, ensuring their accuracy
- Verifying data accuracy between different SAP schedules
- Managing revenue recognition
- Preparing VAT reconciliations and submissions for UK and EU registrations
- Settling month-end assessment cycles
- Generating inventory reports
- Reconciling sales-to-cash transactions
- Providing Finance support on inventory slow moving meetings
- Analysing quarterly inventory provisions
- Preparing supplemental files for US Group submission
- Submitting battery declarations
- Owner of lease accounting
- Support forecasting cycle with the preparation of forecast data, where required
- Coordinating smooth audit process
- Preparing statutory accounts
- Support the Corporation Tax process and computation
- Assisting with RDEC claims and Sarbanes Oxley processes
- Conducting balance sheet review and insurance data requests
- Providing data for transfer pricing documents
- Performing ad-hoc financial analysis
- Authorizing bank payments and completing surveys
- Maintaining insurance database and preparation of insurance data for annual renewals
- Managing business rates review
- Assisting with IT and Finance improvement projects
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent.
- Have previous experience in a similar role, preferably within a multinational FMCG organization.
- Have strong knowledge of SAP and MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has the ability to work independently and manage workload effectively.
- Has a positive attitude and eagerness to contribute to a team environment.
This role will be based at our Folkstone Head Office with some working from home and occasional business travel. Working hours are 37 per week: Monday – Thursday 9-5pm and Friday 9-4.30pm. Flexibility outside of these hours may be required to meet the needs of the role.
In return we offer a competitive package, including 24 days annual leave, a pension matched up to 9%, discretionary annual bonus and membership of a health cash plan.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.co.uk/
When applying for a role and sending your cv, you understand that the Company will hold your personal data in relation to your prospective employment and will process that data for legitimate business reasons within the requirements of UK data protection laws currently in effect and as they become applicable, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) and any successor legislation. Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More