Sr. Consumer Scientist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We’re united by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. The job opportunity below shows how you can have an impact on the business.
- The Senior Consumer Scientist will be the voice of the consumer and own agile research solutions that uncover insights that enhance consumer experience.
- Leads product and consumer research for designated categories to guide product development/ Innovation R&D.
- Subject matter expert of consumer and product research methods (qualitative and quantitative methods).
- Develops/ leverages holistic approaches that capture consumer needs.
- Ability to connect research solutions to consumer centric needs and lifestyle trends.
- Collaborates with R&D partners to help formulate project objectives, appropriate action standard for research and recommendation on methods, analyses.
- Strong story-telling skill to deliver comprehensive view point of consumer experience.
- Collaborative and willing to ‘roll up sleeves’ to provide constructive solutions for problem solving are critical leadership qualities for this role
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Guide & collaborate with development partners to determine objectives, action standards for ongoing product research. Provide recommendation & project implications based on test findings
- Design integrative test approaches that may leverages different methodologies such as qualitative and quantitative methods for product & consumer research
- Develop strategic research initiatives aligned with organization / category vision that provide holistic understanding of consumer, product from overall experience perspective.
- Responsible for supplier selection, methodology (including questionnaire), & data interpretation based on unbiased bidding process
- Interact with marketing research division (MRD) partners at appropriate stages to develop integrated test plans & strategies
- Influence by educating the organization on value of consumer experience and user benefits
- Collaborate with manager to develop and socialize value-based test design within the organization
Education and Experience
- BS/MS/PhD in Social Sciences from an accredited institution; 5+ years of experience in a consumer insights role including knowledge of qualitative & quantitative test design and methods used in product evaluation;
- Fragrance & flavor sensory testing experience is a plus.
- Comfortable in utilizing DIY (do it yourself) data analysis platforms to analyze data.
- Familiarity with advanced statistical methods and their use in interpreting consumer data is a plus.
Skills and Competencies
- Needs to be able to identify consumer’s need and understand product (across all categories) usage to provide insights from data.
- Need to have a ‘Big picture’ mindset to be able to leverage learnings across projects and initiatives.
- Needs to support agility in thinking and test & learn research approaches. Must be able to collaborate within the team and with cross functional teams. Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Must be able to work on a variety of projects spanning multiple categories simultaneously.
- Comfortable with data analysis and interpretation of data.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More