Sr. Flavor Development Specialist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Sr. Flavor Development Specialist is responsible for managing the global creation, testing, and delivery of high-quality, cost-effective, and consumer-delighting flavors for various product categories with a strong focus on CHD’s VMS business.
This role involves providing flavor and sensory guidance to Product Development and Marketing teams, ensuring selection, trends, concept fit, and overall consumer experience from development through commercialization. The Sr. Flavor Development Specialist acts as the main point of contact for effective communication with critical functions such as Product Development, Marketing, Flavor Suppliers, Procurement, Regulatory, and Safety/Toxicology.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Lead global flavor development, including issuing briefs for new projects, flavor modifications, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide input on flavor directions based on technical and category requirements, considering consumer expectations, technical requirements, and current trends.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product Development teams to understand business objectives and allocate resources effectively for flavor development within timelines.
- Work with the consumer research team to develop, optimize, and validate flavor screening and selection methods, including sensory testing, CLT (Central Location Test), or home use testing.
- Oversee flavor evaluations, including stability, submissions, reworks, and production material, providing detailed technical and ingredient assessments.
- Manage external resources and communication with flavor suppliers, ensuring compliance with regulatory and safety requirements, and handling flavor modification and validation for the global portfolio.
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS/PhD in Sciences from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of experience in a flavor development role with emphasis on technical product understanding and consumer usage.
- Product development and sensory testing experience is desired.
- Broad/cross-functional experience in business and operations is a plus.
- Strong sensory background
- Global experience and understanding of global nuances in flavor development.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong flavor and product development experience with a discerning sense of taste.
- Ability to understand product usage from a consumer perspective and provide strategic project planning.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with Product Development, Marketing, and other partners such as Safety/Toxicology, Regulatory, and Legal.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects spanning various product categories simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with a technical background.
- Strong team player, actively contributing to a collaborative work environment and fostering positive relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Open to feedback and continuous improvement, demonstrating a willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Effective collaborator, actively seeking input and perspectives from others to drive successful outcomes.
- Exemplary ethics, consistently demonstrating integrity, honesty, and professionalism in all interactions and decision-making processes.
- Must be tested for taste acuity
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More