Operations Supervisor -- Weekend Nights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Shift: Thursday to Friday 9:30pm - 6:00am; Saturday to Sunday 5:30pm to 5:30am
Sign on Bonus: $1,500
This position has overall responsibility for all facets of the manufacturing operations safety, quality, productivity, and effective management of the employee workforce. The Supervisor is the link between all levels of employees and management for effective daily operation and schedule attainment.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility. Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Responsible at all times for ensuring that tasks are performed according to food safety, quality, and regulatory guidelines.
- Directs shift activities and processes to meet customer needs. Responsible for collection and trend analysis of operational data to identify and drive cross functional continuous improvement in areas such as OEE, waste reduction, cost savings initiatives, etc.
- Communicates with the Operations Manager and other stakeholders regarding staffing levels, materials, machines, methods, and metrics.
- Responsible for ensuring all employees have received the required safety, quality, productivity, and operational training.
- Manages cross-training and development of staff to ensure a deep flexible workforce.
- Ensures employee time records are captured and approved in an accurate and timely manner.
- Initiates and processes clear, consistent, fair, and factual corrective actions.
- Fosters positive employee relations and engagement through communications and practices.
- Ensures continuous improvement and lean opportunities are executed, and ensures Lean Daily Management objectives are met.
- Responsible for ensuring that all sanitation and good housekeeping procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Participates in the new hire process from interview through selection and provides recommendations to manager and HR Business Partner regarding terminations.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach and mentor.
- Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite).
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- 4-6 years supervisory experience required. Previous supply chain, distribution or materials management experience in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Lean or continuous experience preferred.
- Experience in CPG industry a plus.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More