Assistant Brand Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Assistant Brand Manager – Personal Care Products
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic ‘can-do’ marketing individual who can professionally manage and add value to multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
This role will report to and support 2 Marketing Managers who are responsible for a mix of category leading brands with high growth potential over multiple new segments: Skin Care and Beauty
The Personal Care portfolio is comprised of Batiste (#1 Dry Shampoo in Canada), Hero Cosmetics (#1 Acne patch product in Canada), Trojan & Nair as well as many other well known Canadian brands.
Given the number of brands and the aggressive new product pipeline, these portfolios require a highly motivated, extremely organized, high energy individual who prides themselves on accomplishments.
In this position, the successful candidate will:
- Assist Marketing Managers in the achievement of business goals and provide strong assistance in strategic and tactical operation of the brand. This position will also provide administrative support for both Marketing Managers.
- Pro actively recommend actions to improve corporate and in market efficiencies
This position will also:
- Work daily with key internal teams: customer marketing, category management, supply chain, operations, finance, regulatory affairs, product development and take part in multi-disciplinary teams
- Work closely with local partner agencies and outside service suppliers: advertising and public relations agencies, internet partners, package designers, film production suppliers, promotion houses and third party product suppliers
- Work effectively with our North American and International subsidiaries and contribute to successfully operating within fast evolving corporate processes.
- Should have the skills to potentially fill in for a Brand Manager/Marketing Manager as the need arises.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- University Degree in a related field or the equivalent
- 1-3 years, preferably 3+, Marketing experience in a CPG environment
- Solid understanding and experience of the marketing mix
- Excellent organizational, priority and time management skills
- Capacity to learn quickly and has a strong ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented but ‘quick on their feet’
- Strong, professional communication skills
- Positive attitude, accomplishment driven
- High energy and has a sense of business urgency
- Understands and accepts accountability
- Ability to adapt and adjust to fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Understands importance and requirements to effectively work in a team environment
- Works collaboratively with all team members
- Good anticipation skills and pro-actively addresses issues and opportunities providing solutions
- Strong understanding of social media, PR/experiential marketing and e-commerce would be an asset
- Ability to translate data into meaningful insights/useful information
- Ability to plan and execute projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint & Excel) and ACNielsen Workstation Plus
- Strong abilities with financial metrics and forecasting.
- Strong creativity
- Knowledge and experience working with SAP would be an asset.
- French proficiency would be an asset
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More