Junior Project Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Are you a graduate with a passion for leading projects? Do you have a can-do attitude, with some experience of working in an FMCG space?
If the answer is yes - then look no further as Church & Dwight UK Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Project Manager to join our incredible Research & Development team! This role is on a permanent basis and is located in our Corporate Head Office in Folkestone, with some days working from home and some UK and overseas travel required.
This role requires excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with good presentations skills and ability to conduct effective meetings with large teams.
The Junior Project Manager will have responsibility for operational task management of the project teams that you manage but no direct line management responsibility. They will work closely with colleagues in the European R&D Team, as well as UK functions, International colleagues and the US PMO team.
Key duties include:
- Responsibility for driving project “on time, in full and on cost” delivery – overall project leadership for portfolio projects across brands, working to a Stage Gate process. Taking responsibility of the project following Stage Gate business case or charter approval.
- Facilitate the definition of project goals, objectives, scope, milestones and deliverables.
- Ensuring full feasibility analyses (technical and commercial assessment) are conducted to include all aspects of the project. Define project tasks and resource requirements with the project team and resource management.
- Develop the full scale schedule and the subsequent management of the project against that schedule.
- Ensure project risks are assessed, managed and mitigated as part of the project plan.
- Review risks and changes in risk status as part of routine progress reporting.
- Project progress reporting both in written reports and presentations at all levels within the organisation – both in Europe and internationally.
- Change management & change control including the escalation of change issues that impact on the project fundamentals of time, cost, quality and scope.
- Coordinate creation of Master Data to ensure that new products are set-up, live and costed on the SAP system on time. For in-house produced products, responsibility for seeing that Bills of Material are created, approved and loaded in a timely manner.
- Manage smooth transition from project to first production and on-going production
- Project evaluation, assessment and communication of results
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in managing or leading projects whether in a work or university environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with great communication and a can-do attitude.
- Be dynamic, self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Have a UK Driving License
- Be willing to occasionally travel in UK and overseas
- Have experience working in within the FMCG sector (preferable)
- Have a Project Management qualification: external, e.g. IPMA, APM, PMI, Prince 2 (desirable)
Due to the communicative nature of the role, fluency in English is a must.
In return we offer a competitive package, including 24 days annual leave on top of 8 days of bank holidays, a pension matched up to 9%, discretionary annual bonus, life assurance cover, membership of a health cash plan and the necessary training to achieve a Professional Project Management certification.
Sounds interesting? Send us your CV, confirming your salary expectations, and let’s talk!
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.co.uk/
When applying for a role and sending your cv, you understand that the Company will hold your personal data in relation to your prospective employment and will process that data for legitimate business reasons within the requirements of UK data protection laws currently in effect and as they become applicable, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) and any successor legislation. Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More