Global Trade Compliance Associate
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Location: Hybrid (Fort Collins, CO/Home Office)
The Global Trade Compliance Associate plays an integral part in supporting the GTC team. Reporting into the Director, Global Trade Compliance and Operations, this associate role will support the day-to-day activities surrounding compliance with imports, the comprehensive lists of classifications, country of origins, and duty fees associated with transacting globally, and assist with proper procedures are followed with external parties, such as brokers. This role will engage cross functionally with Legal, Finance, and Logistics and requires collaboration both internally and externally.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supports all Church and Dwight (C&D) brands import compliance and record keeping program in accordance with US Customs Import Regulations, coordinating with customs brokers, overseas vendors, and internal departments daily.
- Aid with establishing C&D’s duty drawback program, meeting requirements as defined by the US Customs Modification Act and Duty Drawback Regulations, by providing documentation of imports, exports and supporting BOM’s and where used reports to the service provider as required.
- Update and Support the Tariff Classification database and ensure accuracy in ERP system.
- Assist with the Valuation Review Audits.
- Support the three-point reviews of product shipments to confirm accuracy of quantities and values being declared.
- Work with GTC team to research Country of Origin across all SKU’s
- Assist with the retention of import records per CBP regulations. This includes maintaining information input into the waybill tracking system daily.
- Conduct daily communication with Brokers, including any process or compliance changes, as needed or directed.
- Provide input on process improvements around the Global Trade Compliance program.
- ADHOC reporting as requested.
- Participates in on-going professional and technical development through seminars, classes, trade journals, and professional contacts, keeping abreast of transportation and government regulations as applies to import and export activities.
- Conduct all activities in a fair, ethical manner which is in compliance with all corporate policies.
- Support activities that include reconciliation and assist reporting.
- Enter required documentation into the Waybill system as needed.
- Assists with all activities to support the GTC team as needed.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess good problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required. A Bachelor degree or Brokerage License in a related field is desirable.
- Knowledge of Customs -Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
- Knowledge of Inco terms and application to domestic and international shipping.
- Basic knowledge of SAP, Oracle, PowerBi, Excel and CBP portals such as ACE is beneficial but not required.
- Ability to analyze data, develop recommendations and drive for results.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of entry level Trade Compliance terms and application is helpful.
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams in a professional manner.
- Desire and motivation to independently own areas of responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing skills are critical for success.
- The job requires advanced skills in analytics, organization, planning, and the ability to react quickly to changing priorities.
- Must be able to make quick decisions with limited information in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels within the organization as well as externally with partners.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to Director of Global Trade Compliance and Operations.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., supports our employee’s wellbeing and regularly benchmarks with other companies in our industry to offer an extensive Total Reward package for this position. Salary will be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Estimated pay: $57,600 - $90,000 Annual Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More