Manufacturing Engineer Trainee HV
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under the Supervision of the Departmental Manager, incumbent will be responsible for providing technical and project support for a manufacturing and packaging facility. Assignments to this role will include safety, cost reduction, lean, capital and general engineering projects and or production operations. There will also be assignments which will need technical support related to ensuring a safe, efficient, and productive work environment at Church and Dwight. Other aspects of the position involve networking and communicating with other site management and teams, high-level skill development training, and direct interaction with the facility and its operators
Job Accountabilities &Responsibilities:
- Rotate through the various functions of the site (i.e. engineering, operations, maintenance, lean/CI, safety, and/or quality) over the course of a 24-month period, supporting project work as assigned with estimated 3 eight month rotations.
- Work with higher-level managers to develop critical leadership skills for later career growth. Work with mentors in various fields of work, including but not limited to site maintenance, quality production, environmental health and safety, lean practices, and savings.
- Ensure that all tasks/projects are performed according to safety, quality and regulatory procedures.
- Responsible for planning and executing improvement activities for manufacturing and packaging facility.
- Applies engineering fundamentals to assigned tasks including but not limited to reading and updating process flow diagrams, material balances, and basic unit operations.
- Support culture of continuous improvement. Incorporate/use principles and techniques of lean manufacturing, such as 5S, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) elements, etc. to achieve project completion.
- Attends and actively participates in team, plant and project meetings.
- Provides timely and effective communication of project activities and progress to key stakeholders.
- Manage time and prioritize project loads to complete assignments.
- Provides process support and assists in troubleshooting, process issues in operations, maintenance, and packaging as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a similar field
- 0 to 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Relevant internship or other related work will also be considered.
- Previous project work demonstrating ability to work as a part of a team and complete projects on time and within constraints.
- Demonstrated effective communications and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated leadership skills a plus.
- Prior work experience demonstrating ability to meet schedules and demonstrate reliability a plus.
Competency & Skill Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems at a high level.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Some experience with a basic drafting software is a plus
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More