Plant Controller - VV
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The current wage range for this position is $116,800 to $182,600 annually
50k sign on/relocation allowance for salaried role (Candidate must relocate more than 50 miles)
Schedule is Monday-Friday; Day Shift
The Controller has overall responsibility for all financial aspects of the Madera and Victorville facilities in a lean manufacturing and distribution environment.
• Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness throughout the plant and within their area. Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Responsible for having a clear understanding and adhering to all corporate and plant financial procedures, methodology, and terminology as they apply to plant operations.
• Responsible for the performance, development, and training of the Finance Department.
• Responsible for the integrity of all financial aspects of the site, including: all inventories (including but not limited to finished goods (FG), raw materials (RM), semi-finished goods (SF) & maintenance repair and operations (MRO)), standard costs, bill of material (BOM) accuracy, invoice processing, spending approval authorities, and process flow integrity.
• Preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for the sites.
• Communication and execution of monthly closing activities and the preparation of the monthly cost report detailing actual results and variances vs. plan.
• Management of all plant balance sheet accounts, including accrual, payroll, and GR/IR accounts.
• Oversight of the capital spending process and capitalization of fixed assets.
• Provide plant and corporate management financial information as requested.
• Provide proactive leadership to meet and exceed plant financial targets.
• Actively participate in plant Leadership Team initiatives.
• Advising management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies and actions.
• Analyzing the financial details of past, present and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
• Coordinating audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
• Determining depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advice management on actions regarding the purchase, lease or disposal of such items.
• Maintaining current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
• The Plant Controller must possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related field. CMA, CPA certification a plus.
• A minimum of three years of experience as a Controller in a manufacturing environment is preferred; 7-10 years as an Accountant with progressively more responsibilities is acceptable, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing and distribution environment. CPG industry experiences a plus.
• A Minimum 3-5 years of People Leadership required
• Demonstrated skill with critical thinking, judgment and decision-making and deductive reasoning is required.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill is a major component of this position.
• Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite) is a must.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational/time management skills.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More