2024 Summer Internship - Global Operations
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is offering summer 2024 internship opportunities in our Corporate Operations department. This 10-week internship program starts on May 29th and runs through August 6th, and includes exposure to leadership, professional development, networking events, and the chance to connect with students throughout a variety of functions.
Students should apply for one overall Operations internship position making them eligible for opportunities within Customer Logistics / Demand Planning / Supply Chain Strategy / LEAN Manufacturing/ Transportation / Procurement / Global Manufacturing Services. Candidates must be open to an assignment in any of the departments listed.
- Supply Chain Strategy: A Supply Chain Strategy Intern will network wide strategic plan consolidation and present to the Executive Leadership Team. You will work with all functions within Global Operations, Marketing and Research & Development. This intern will work on high-profile multimillion-dollar projects that will help shape the future at Church and Dwight
- Global Supply Chain Lean: The Global Lean Intern will support initiatives to drive operational excellence through Lean manufacturing principles in all Church & Dwight’s manufacturing and distribution center sites across the globe. As an intern, you will be part of the Global Lean Community and will have the opportunity to work directly with cross functional teams driving a multitude of continuous improvement initiatives. At Church & Dwight, our goal is to create a culture where improvements happen every day, everywhere and with everybody’s participation and as a Global Lean intern you will support driving systems to achieve that vision.
- Customer Logistics: A Customer Logistics intern will gain exposure to multiple facets of the business such as Order to Cash process, Reporting and Data Analysis. The position will assist with account and/or project support which includes executing against performance targets such as case fill, order fill, on time delivery, full pallet compliance, group sourcing, and shipment weight compliance. By developing relationships with internal Sales, customers, and broker contacts they will be able to enhance the overall service experience.
- Corporate Planning: A position in Supply Chain Planning will focus on one of four areas: Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Materials Management, or Inventory Control. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work independently and in cross functional teams to identify and implement solutions based on analytical assessments. Past areas of focus have been production planning a key brand, developing a ship-to-consumption model to be used in our Sales and Operations Planning Process, and completing a SKU level portfolio analysis.
- Procurement: As a member of the Procurement Team this role will provide forward-looking internal and external information to enable data driven purchasing decisions for a wide variety of goods and services. Responsibilities will include conducting industry / market research and analysis, engaging and qualifying suppliers and measuring performance through key performance indicators. Other aspects of this role may include assisting the VP Procurement in the development of the Long-Term Strategic Plan, including identifying new and/or improving upon existing technologies, processes and approaches to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Transportation and Warehouse Planning: The Transportation and Warehouse Planning department provides exposure to leading edge technology including Transportation Management System, ERP and Warehouse Management System. Interns will be involved in project analysis and carrier analysis and assist in managing carrier relationships. Manage the transportation and warehouse activities, for assigned plants and co-packers.
- Global Manufacturing Services: A Global Manufacturing Services intern will have the opportunity to be involved with over 50 Domestic Contract Manufacturers learning how to manage, negotiate, and review their performances. You will be responsible for evaluating weekly co-packer discrepancy reports and updating Replenishment Coordinator manuals and SOPs. Other responsibilities may include formulating GMS Supply Agreements and learning how to form and establish product manufacturing costs. You will also gain an understanding of Inventory report mechanics and analysis.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students who have completed at least two years of college coursework (rising Junior or rising Senior) while pursuing a bachelor's degree in supply chain or business logistics, or closely related discipline.
- Ability and interest in working a hybrid schedule in Ewing, NJ
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Excel strongly preferred)
- Experience managing multiple timelines and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, desire to learn and contribute to a growing company.
- Candidates must have US Work Authorization (US Citizen, permanent resident, green card holder)
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More