2024 Summer Internship - Sales Analyst
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is offering summer 2024 internship opportunities in our Sales department. This 10-week internship program starts on May 29th and runs through August 6th, and includes exposure to leadership, professional development, networking events, and the chance to connect with students throughout a variety of functions.
This is a multi-year rotational internship planned for Summer 2024 and 2025: second summer rotation is dependent on performance during summer 2024.
Candidates apply for one overall Sales internship position making them eligible for opportunities within Account Management, Category & Shopper Insights, Customer Strategic Planning and Sales Analytics & Business Solutions.
Students must be open to an assignment in any of the departments listed:
As an Account Management intern, you will work alongside a team of full-time sales associates, who manage a group of named accounts, retain and grow existing client relationships, and forge relationships with prospective clients. In this internship you will:
- Gain understanding of C&D products, processes and systems
- Gain understanding of department functions and their responsibilities
- Assist in attaining annual sales, trade-spending, monthly/quarterly forecast and profit goals
- Assist in analyzing Syndicated and consumption data to help deliver overall goals
- Gain insight into overall financial management (Siebel, Trade Spend, Deductions, Slotting, SG&A)
- Jointly Build relationships buyer/director levels in key customers and Advantage Solutions to maximize CHD results
- Collaborate with internal sales & cross functional departments
- Gain the ability to influence & impact positive change
Customer Strategic Planning (CSP)
As a CSP Intern you will support the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) team in linking the Brand strategies and plans to the Church and Dwight Field Sales employees. You will support the CSP Managers within the SBU as they work directly with field sales for an end-to-end plan to manage net sales, trade spending and profitability across all classes of trade within the assigned strategic business unit portfolio of products. The opportunity exists for the intern to directly own aspects of this link with field sales if strong performance is exhibited. In this role you will:
- Execute strategic trade and brand marketing initiatives across the Category
- Deliver the annual Customer / Category Planning process, ensuring that all organizational requirements are met from a timing and data integrity standpoint
- Manage workflow and information between Category and Field Sales
- Coordinate the new product development process
- Collaborate with Sales to develop profitable Trade Spending plans
- Ensuring Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising and Pricing (DSMP) are accurate and deployed
- Develop deployment materials for the Sales Playbook
Sales Analytics and Business Solutions
As a Sales Analytics and Business Solutions intern you will apply analytics leveraging a variety of analytical tools & systems to provide insights and recommendations to improve Customer Promotions and Profitability. The Intern will be responsible for working closely with our Sr. Manager of Trade Architecture aiding in deep dive analysis into specific categories, brands, channels and customers to identify the trends, competitive insights, and opportunities to then make recommendations to help C&D win in the marketplace. This person will also have the opportunity to leverage C&D’s new AI driven predictive analytics model to execute a variety of scenarios across our customer base. In this role you will:
- Utilize C&D’s Trade Promotion Tools to analyze and capture insights from our promotional events to formulate recommendations for our cross functional teams
- Work across the Sales and Business Solutions team including our Sales Finance and Pricing Teams to collaborate and align on insights to execution across the Revenue Growth Management discipline.
- Leverage predicative analytic tools to optimize business results for our customer teams
- Develop exception-based reporting/visualizations to highlight risks and opportunities related to our business and impacts of competition
- Develop training materials and processes for newly deployed reporting
Category & Shopper Insights (CSI)
As a Category & Shopper Insights intern you will have responsibility to develop “Storytelling Insights” leveraging a variety of data tools & systems. These insights will be incorporated into retailer facing presentations that enables our sales teams to recommend fact based, market level strategies to help position the category for growth leverage Church & Dwight brands. The Intern will learn to work closely with our HQ Category & Shopper Insights and Customer Strategic Planning Teams as well as our data vendors (IRI & Numerator) to understand the market dynamics through data, looking at different metrics that are driving the current trends, and developing actionable insights to persuade change in the market.
In this role you will:
- Utilize IRI & Numerator data to analyze and develop insights from market sales and shopper data to formulate recommendations for our Retail Sales Teams.
- Work across Category & Shopper Insights, Customer Strategic Planning, Marketing, and Field Sales to collaborate and align on the actionable insights to execution within the market.
- Integrate the actionable insights within the Category Sales Platform work.
- Develop training materials and processes to deploy these strategies with the field sales teams for activation.
- Rising juniors pursuing a degree in Business, Analytics, Communications, Marketing, Finance preferred. Other majors will be considered.
- Ability and interest in working a hybrid schedule in Ewing, NJ.
- Strong Computer Literacy knowledge/familiarity with Microsoft Tools (Excel, Power BI) or related tools
- Developed Communication Skills
- Action Oriented with Time Management capabilities.
- Experience managing multiple timelines and priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, desire to learn and contribute to a growing company.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Eligible students must not required sponsorship now or in the future.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More