Compounding Mechanic - Overnights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
2-2-3 Rotation, 6:00pm – 6:00am
Starting Hourly Wage - $28.60/hr
Sign On Bonus - $2500
This highly visible position located at our Harrisonville, MO facility.
Perform all facets of the mixing and blending process to ensure the fill of the production schedules and orders on a continual basis. Ensure all products meet customer specifications. Performs defined routine maintenance and troubleshooting tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate safety ownership by wearing required PPE, and following LOTO procedures at all times. Report near miss safety incidents and conditions each month.
- Actively prepare for and participate in shift transition meetings. Submit daily production reports.
- Maintain 5S standards in all assigned areas. Take ownership and keeps work area clean and organized.
- Learn and complete autonomous maintenance activities on assigned equipment and actively submit work requests (CLICKS).
- Obtain a working knowledge of and be able to demonstrate all SOPs applicable to Compounding.
- Learn to receive and unload incoming chemical trucks and complete and maintain all necessary documentation
- Learn to receive and unload incoming dry dock trucks and complete and maintain all necessary documentation
- Learn to receive and unload incoming railcars and complete and maintain all necessary documentation.
- Capable of batching all Liquid, Powder and Salt batches with minimal supervision. Includes printing and following batching formulations.
- Perform process changeovers that involve tank clean out/wash down and batch transfers
- Switch out totes from the production lines as needed, ensuring chemically compatible totes are spotted on the lines.
- Manage full totes (wash and organize totes) until they can be reclaimed. Organize empty totes to ensure they are ready to be swapped out at the lines.
- Reclaim full totes into the appropriate reclaim tank, ensuring chemical compatibility. Dump/wash waste totes.
- Maintain material fill levels by hanging supersacks and loading hoppers as necessary.
- Operate material handling equipment, including forklifts and rail Shuttlewagon, completing safety inspections before use.
- Safely handle raw materials and chemicals following SOPs and wearing appropriate PPE.
- Be able to operate a computer, checking email and processing scheduling/duties software daily.
- Be able to perform rail moves and submit a rail switch to order/release railcars.
- Organize/put away all raw materials in their assigned locations. Understand how raw materials are organized.
- Assist all Compounding Mechanics efficiently. Demonstrate teamwork.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance or Work Order support as scheduled.
- Performs Autonomous Maintenance tasks including troubleshooting, cleaning, inspecting, and lubrication.
- Works and trains on relevant maintenance related activities – pairs with Maintenance Technicians to gain knowledge and experience on all facets of processing equipment.
- Identifies needed parts, supplies, and repair items.
- Assures compliance with 5S, housekeeping standards and CI activities
- Effectively communicate with supervisor and coworkers in compounding, ensuring any items of concern are communicated early to affected individuals.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational/time management skills would be a plus
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work for long periods of time under pressure in order to produce results
- Basic chemical and mechanical aptitude
- Capable of making decisions and illustrate ambiguity
Education and Experience Needed:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a manufacturing environment with compounding or batching experience highly preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More