A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The current wage range for this position is $111,200 to $166,900 annually
50k sign on/relocation allowance for salaried role (Candidate must relocate more than 50 miles)
Schedule is Monday-Friday; Day Shift
This is a management-level position that is the primary equipment, technology, and process strategist - leveraging cradle to grave capital project experience to ensure the Victorville site supports business growth. Owner of equipment and process capability, and capacity. Senior process engineering support for the facility with responsibility for overall engineering support for operational improvement and manufacturing programs including continuous improvement teams, root cause analysis. Manages operational “Good to Great” cost savings program and CER capital projects.
Provides technical support to Victorville Plant. Responsible for production line design, equipment acquisition and project commercialization; both facility and production related. This position recommends, develops and implements appropriate plant systems to ensure process and product quality is consistent with Company quality policies & requirements. Also, responsible for the development and tracking of technical budgets for department activities along with capital forecasts for future facility needs.
Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within the plant and their area. Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Prepares and controls budgets for technical department including capital forecasts for projects supporting manufacturing and facilities needs and annual department budget.
- Develops and takes ownership of the site master plan from a strategic growth perspective.
- Designs and implements engineering projects utilizing design for manufacturability concepts.
- Develops and manages budgets for assigned functions or departments including utility operating requirements.
- Monitors plant and infrastructure issues and areas of concern.
- Support Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) training/orientation.
- Review process value stream mapping and recommend staffing levels, materials, machines, methods and performance metrics (measurements) to ensure an effective operation.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
- Identify and coordinate specific process and system related training for equipment when required (such as process or technology changes).
- Develop and utilize appropriate change management processes when required as a result of process or equipment changes.
- Lead and manage Engineering Department direct reports.
- Formal and/or informal mentoring. Facilitation of mentors for new technical employees, as appropriate.
- Responsible for keeping current with technical changes and innovation – bring these external ideas into the operation.
- Incorporate principles of lean manufacturing such as 5S, key TPS elements, etc., recommends innovative approaches to strive for continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Will be the lead resource for development of the Score Engineer progression.
- Promotes fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Must regularly exercise discretion and independent judgement in carrying out assigned duties.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering, or related field required. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 to 10 years previous plant/process engineering experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment required. Experience in CPG industry a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Proven ability to work with process improvement, problem resolution, and project management.
- Demonstrated record of project completion from conception to operation on time and on budget.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle the technical / quality function.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- In-depth technical knowledge of liquid filling, labeling and packaging processes along with chemical liquid batching process.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP). Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module, AutoCAD and computerized applications of SPC.
- Solid understanding of OE, OTIF, SMED improvement programs.
- Familiarity with quality management systems, GMP’s and/or validation through advanced training.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of a 7-panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More