Business Quality Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Business Quality Manager
The incumbent is responsible for managing all aspects of Business Quality that supports the operations of Church & Dwight Canada Corp. This includes but is not limited to the maintenance of Licenses and Certificates, overall Compliance to Corporate, internal, recognized standards and regulatory requirements, remediation and the oversight of the complete Quality Management System (QMS) ensuring its compliance, efficiency and robustness for Church & Dwight’s activities in Canada. This position manages a team composed of Compliance Associates and Quality Specialists. The incumbent is responsible for implementing Local and Corporate Quality initiatives by working with local management.
- Manage all compliance Quality activities within the Canadian organization, considering required resources, business needs, deadlines, and priorities.
- Lead and manage critical Quality Management Systems: auditing, investigation management & CAPA, remediation, controlled documents, change control, customers’ feedback, product returns and recalls, and GxP training.
- Lead and manage continuous improvement initiatives, in compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Work with Management to ensure QMS is in control and capable of meeting defined specifications.
- Continuously monitor and communicate QMS metrics at key share outs. Escalate all results, findings and/or follow ups as per escalation policy.
- Leads and/or assists regulatory body inspection and certification audits for C&D Canada Corp.
- Use leadership and communication skills to work cross-functionally, and within all levels of the company, including senior management in an effective manner.
- Identifies, analyzes, and recommends opportunities to improve quality systems and regulated processes optimizing efficiency, performance, and cost. Generate KPIs for the teams under direct supervision.
- Develop, maintain, and improve processes, procedures, and documentation under his scope of activity while ensuring compliance with GMP and applicable standards.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all Company and Canadian policies and procedures.
- Remain updated on current industry approaches, GMPs and Agencies guidelines to advance goals forward.
- Incorporate principles of Lean Six Sigma to recommend innovative approaches for continuous improvement in areas such as efficiency, costs and services performed.
- Works with Regulatory Affairs, R&D and Corporate Brand Teams for the introduction of new products on the Canadian market.
- Participate in hiring process to identify and select qualified personnel.
- Lead, coach and mentor staff, maintaining a competent staff through training, development, motivation and performance management
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Creation and execution of annual CSD’s (Critical Success Drivers — goals and objectives) and performance feedback sessions.
- Provide support on technical issues and projects.
- Manage annual department budget.
- Performs other related duties related to scope of work as required and assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Canadian University Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry and/or relevant disciplines (i.e. Life Sciences) or a degree recognized as equivalent by a Canadian university
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Quality Management, in a fast-paced regulated manufacturing environment
- Green or Black Belt certification a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the Canadian GMP, FDA cGMP and ISO 13485 standard
- Excellent organizational/time management skills, combined with a confident ability to work independently with minimum supervision and under stringent timelines and minimal resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills — ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization
- Excellent influence, persuasion, verbal and written communication skills required — verbal and written, Bilingualism (French and English) is essential.
- High initiative with demonstrated results achievement and orientation.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach, and mentor
- Strong project management skills, ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle the quality function
- Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office Suite, MS Project, Agile and SAP)
- Knowledge of computerized applications of SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More