HR Generalist / Training Coordinator
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position will provide Human Resources support and leadership for all initiatives at the plant in a lean manufacturing environment, including staffing, employee relations, adherence to plant policies, training and development, and performance management.
Human Resource Generalist:
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safe culture and awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Act as an employee advocate and ensure compliance to the company’s human resources policies and appropriate government law and regulations including but not limited to EEO, AAP, OFCCP, FMLA, and Unemployment.
- Facilitate the Staffing Process and work with department Manager / Supervisor / Talent Management Team to maintain needed staffing levels and ensure area staffing information is accurate and up to date. Ensure HRIS / Payroll systems are updated based on employee moves.
- Assist the post offer/new hire process and assist with the HR portion of new hire orientation.
- Administer and communicate all on-boarding reviews of new hires with necessary parties.
- Administrator Shift Preference / Bid Process.
- Act as an employee advocate, engage in employee relations activities and offer recommendations.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations though the appropriate methods of communication and positive employee relations practices.
- Develop and implement training on HR topics on a regular basis.
- Assist with the processing of non-exempt payroll hours on a bi-monthly basis. Communicate with managers on related issues to ensure accurate payroll / HR Data.
- Direct information of a critical/sensitive nature to the HR Manager in a timely and appropriate manner so as to not jeopardize confidential information or timeliness of response.
- Conduct investigations and recommend and review supervisory recommendations for corrective actions, performance improvement and terminations when necessary.
- Process employee separations and conduct exit interviews.
- Assist other departments with Human Resources related issues, while maintaining a good working relationship.
- Liaison for vendors and state agencies
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks and perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for conducting plant, department, and job-specific training needs analysis to drive the creation of master training and certification programs which meet all employee, organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Working with subject matter experts, assist in the development of training curriculum, instruction, and materials for effective training delivery.
- Ensure all training programs are current, implemented in a timely manner, enforced appropriately, and maintained within full compliance of all regulatory guidelines.
- Develop effective assessment tools to track, monitor and validate training effectiveness.
- Assure plant training complies with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards, as well as all CHD policies, rules and expectations.
- Maintain library of training materials and develop external contacts to assist with training needs.
- Coordinate, identify, schedule, and conduct appropriate training as needed, both internal and external.
- Manage and maintain all training documentation, records, and files, both electronic and manual.
- Key point of contact for all training-related information as required during regulatory inspections, internal/customer audits, etc.
- Responsible for facilitating the undergraduate internship program at the site.
- Responsible for all aspects of state training grant program from application to reimbursement requests.
- Partner cross-functionally with supervisory and management personnel at various levels to identify training needs, develop and maintain compliant training records and activities.
- Assist Lean/Continuous Improvement Department in any aspect as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required, PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SPC preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality always and in all situations.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, Windows-based applications).
- HRIS software experience required; Workday preferred.
- Prior experience with electronic learning management systems (SABA LMS).
- Excellent interpersonal and skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Strong degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to provide and sustain a strong level of customer service to the organization.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More