A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Prototype Engineer will support product development and prototype making. Will design and develop testing jigs, conduct engineering tests, and update SOPs and protocols.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Explore advanced rapid prototype technology and application to enhance team’s engineering capabilities.
- Design engineered solutions to innovative primary packaging.
- Design and fabricate testing jigs and fixtures.
- Support validation and refinement of custom fixtures and test methods
- Create and execute test plans and protocols to support Product Engineering team and Packaging team.
- Provide engineering expertise to Makerspace
- Operate and maintain 3D printing equipment with regular preventive maintenance and technical support from the printer suppliers.
- Execute printing requests and ensure printing supplies.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to act independently and work comfortably in a team environment
- Skill in seeking out opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Capability to prioritize daily activities and time management.
- Demonstration of flexibility, creativity, risk assessment, and innovative problem solving
- Strong attention to details and the ability to follow protocols accurately.
- Excellent technical writing skills for testing procedures, equipment operation SOPs, presentation, and testing reports.
- Prior experience in a laboratory setting, particularly with 3D printing, would be beneficial
- 3D CAD modeling experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills for coordinating with team members and suppliers.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues and perform regular maintenance on equipment.
- Capability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols and procedures.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, or similar discipline required.
Relevant experience in product development, rapid prototyping, and laboratory environments.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More