A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under general supervision of the Technical Manager, the incumbent will provide procurement support for all Direct, Indirect, MRO and Raw Material procurement while also managing the planning function required for the site’s laundry detergent manufacturing/packaging plant. This will be accomplished by:
- Following Standard Operating Procedures, company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), while performing purchasing activities.
- Utilizing the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system to process purchase requisitions and PO’s based on system driven demand and maintaining inventory at levels required to support production while maintaining those levels in alignment with corporate inventory targets, as related to all expendables, manufacturing raw materials and packaging components.
- Specifically managing the inventory of detergent cartons and containers, including monitoring for stock-outs.
- Through the use of SAP software, process goods receipts and reconcile confirmations against actual production, in order to provide weekly order forecasts to vendors.
- Performing all aspects of production planning and packaging sequencing for laundry detergent SKU’s.
- Reviews PO’s for exceptions, estimated delivery dates and quantity variances on a regular basis to ensure on time and accurate delivery of materials.
- Working with vendors, the Production Planning Supervisor, and corporate procurement as needed regarding expediting materials, updating PO delivery dates and updating PO quantities.
- Maintaining item master data for plant-controlled fields and partnering with corporate teams to determine minimum order quantities, reorder points, safety stock, order frequency and targeted days of supply.
- Ensuring all information/permissions needed to release materials for use is complete and in place in the computer system with sufficient lead time so production is not impacted.
- Resolving defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality systems personnel, users, vendors, corporate purchasing and others to determine root cause and corrective action to maintain the integrity of the Supply Chain.
- Assisting Inventory Control Specialist and Accounts Payable in reconciling and approving invoices for payment as needed.
- Working with the Technical Manager to identify bidders, and then following up with sending out invitations to bid walks (as necessary); and Requests for Quote.
- Negotiate terms of payment as necessary with the successful bidder and work with Corporate Procurement to set up those terms.
- Reviewing materials on a regular basis to ensure they are in the proper system status for use or are discontinued as appropriate, by assisting with proposal analysis using life cycle costing, total cost of ownership and other complex financial analysis methods.
- Completing various other administrative duties related to the facility’s needs, i.e. licensing and titling of company vehicles, notary public responsibilities, etc.
- Performing ad hoc analyses upon request and fulfilling additional sample requests as needed.
- Cross-training in production planning as a back-up for the Production Planning Supervisor.
- Attending and participating in meetings and audits as required in multiple formats across multiple cross-functional groups/teams, including all Lean-related and relevant team meetings.
Qualifications for Purchasing Agent include: a high-school diploma/GED plus a Bachelor degree and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job; 3-5 years business experience with procurement activities; strong planning and analytical skills, along with well-developed verbal and written communication skills. Experience with Lean Manufacturing in a supply chain purchasing, planning packaging or manufacturing role, using Agile, SAP, MRP and WMS, is preferred. In addition, the incumbent must possess a professional purchasing certification or be able to be obtain one, such as the CSCP or CPP within 1 year of employment in this role.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More