A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
EHS Specialist - Salary
This current wage range for this position is $66,200 to $103,500 annually
50k sign on/relocation allowance for salaried role (Candidate must relocate more than 50 miles)
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new
- ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our Victorville, CA Facility.
What you’ll do:
The EHS Specialist supports the organization for all site safety and health activities, coordinates and oversees execution of all safety and health programs and ensures the site is operating within all required regulations and company standards.
The EHS Specialist ensures compliance with regulations and Company standards through development and execution of EHS systems and standards while interacting with employees on a routine basis.
This position enhances the safety, environmental and health aspects of site operations, under the direction of the EH&S manager, by fostering a culture where safety & environmental is ingrained as a core value, achieving best in class performance in support of compliant, highly efficient, and low-cost operations.
- Development, implementation and execution of Site safety, environmental and health initiatives, strategies, programs, and procedures, via hands on counsel, supervision, assessment, and implementation.
- Participates in the Safety and Environmental audits & inspections, updating and monitoring of systems, and the implementation and tracking of action plans, including benchmarking, and participating in other sites' audits.
- Active participate in shift meetings, safety committee meetings, EHS meetings and scheduled audits.
- Research and maintain working knowledge of relevant safety rules and regulations and the impact they have on the site.
- Analyze safety conditions and behaviors and recommend changes to continuously improve site safety performance and compliance to world class levels.
- Develop, update, and maintain site safety policies, programs, standards, and work practices to ensure “audit ready” state of compliance.
- Drive implementation of safety best in class programs, systems, and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear procedures on EHS measures, hazard recognition and precautions and stay in compliance with regulatory and company standards.
- Identify strategic partnerships and maintain contracts with key safety vendors (PPE, industrial hygiene sampling, hazardous waste, etc.).
- Provides functional and technical expertise/coaching as needed in all areas and initiatives especially Permit to Work, Machine Safety, and EHS Standards.
- Ensures excellence in EHS compliance and work practices with a flexible 24/7 schedule and leading by example for EHS behaviors.
- Effectively coaches and develops operations line supervision to be effective EH&S leaders/coaches in their respective positions.
- Actively participate on assigned teams, in the EHS department and be a backup to other specialist/generalist and managers when needed.
What you’ll need:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in engineering and/or safety/industrial hygiene discipline or related disciplines.
- Preferred: +3 years’ experience in successfully coordinating Safety & Health or Environmental activities in a manufacturing environment, including industrial hygiene work.
- Required: +1 year experience in successfully coordinating Safety & Health or Environmental activities in a manufacturing environment, including industrial hygiene work.
- Required: In-depth knowledge of safety, environmental & health systems and compliance (chemical management, confined space, radiation, lasers, hearing conservation, industrial hygiene, Permit to Work, machine safety- LOTO, working at heights, BBS, PPE, stormwater, wastewater, spill, hazardous waste, etc.).
- Required: Excellent written and oral communication and leadership skills are required along with the ability able to communicate with audiences that have a broad range of background and understanding, influencing others and interpersonal interactions.
- Preferred: Must be capable of making well-informed decisions in both routine and emergency situations.
- Preferred: Strong analytical, organizational, communication and prioritization skills required.
- Preferred: Strong reading and comprehension skills, legal & regulatory interpretation, and technical writing skills (policies, standards, references, and training materials)
- Required: Ability to work in a team environmental and the initiative to lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Required: Training & presentation skills.
- Required: MS office
- Knowledge of specialized safety, environmental, health systems and compliance (working at height, confined space, machine safety, etc.), if required.
- Train in specialized computer software/systems for EHS (Sphera, MSDSonline, etc.)
- Professional certifications in EHS related fields are considered beneficial and may include CIH, ASP, CHMM & CSP.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of a 7 panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More