IT Support Engineer - Old Fort
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Location: Onsite (Old Fort, OH)
The IT Support Engineer is a key individual in supporting end user and systems in one or more specific geographic locations. This individual is responsible for evaluating, classifying, investigating, and resolving problems and providing support related to IT client and system issues with hardware, software, networks, peripheral devices, and applications in the local geography. This individual gathers information from IT clients and troubleshoots and resolves issues, engaging colleagues as needed, or escalating requests.
This individual supports systems and applications that may be unique to their assigned location or a global IT standard application or system. The IT Support Engineer also takes proactive actions to prevent IT related issues and acts as key team member on global IT projects. This individual assists in supporting the global network by performing specific tasks to help maintain the network infrastructure and platform operating systems and to help ensure network performance locally.
The IT Support Engineer enables and supports global Cybersecurity and IT Risk Management activities. This individual is a vital part of the management of remediation activities identified by the Security Group, ensures identity and cloud security controls are deployed as defined, and ensures local and global compliance and regulations are followed. The IT Support Engineer assists resiliency efforts and responds to security incidents to reduce disruptions on the business operation, as well as champions cybersecurity awareness training and proper communication to the user community.
The IT Support Engineer helps mentor more junior IT support engineers globally, participates in the Global Engineering Community of Practice, and contributes to the improvements to IT support engineering standards, processes, and practices of C&D.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Creates a positive IT service experience and builds strong relationships through diagnosis and timely resolution or escalation of problems/issues, communicating promptly on progress, and handling IT clients with a professional attitude.
- Acts as the first point of contact for local business technology operating issues, problems, requests, and enhancements, ensures that items are logged, engages other support staff or outside vendors to resolve or escalate, and follows up through C&D Solution Center to ensure resolution
- Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots IT equipment and related software in order to deliver a delightful IT support experience; coordinates with outside vendors to ensure service levels
- Monitors IT Services for availability and service performance and manages local data center services; manages local 3rd party suppliers to ensure service levels are met
- Analyzes trends in issues and identifies common elements, reporting and escalating as appropriate
- Provides after hours and on-call support as needed
- Assists the Network Services Group to support the local and global networks by performing specific tasks to help monitor and maintain the infrastructure and platform operating systems, address local network issues, and to help ensure network performance locally
- Maintains asset inventory and updates the Asset Management Data Base (AMDB) and Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Provides insight and best practices and works with the global IT support team and C&D IT service suppliers to identify areas for continuous improvement in C&D's IT Service Delivery Operating model
- Works within local and global project teams to ensure smooth deployment of projects and successful hand-over to the support teams
- Supports C&D cybersecurity, security operations, vulnerability, and threat management programs.
- Participates in scanning and remediation activities and incident response investigations.
- Responds to endpoint analysis & monitoring and performs corrective remediation duties
- Assists in partnering with Global Information Technology and Business Continuity teams in the execution and testing of disaster recovery plans
- Works on IT compliance activities for SOX, PCI, HIPAA and FDA to understand GDPR, CCPA and any newer regulations and applicable laws
- Participates in the Engineering Community of Practice to share with peers and improve practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience is required
- 3 to 5+ years of Information Systems experience managing or supporting hardware and software technologies and resources both in an operational and project environment
- Knowledge of IT Service Desk operations; ticketing systems, incident, change management and request classification, remote control tools and monitoring tools
- Basic understanding of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, (frame relay, MPLS) xDSL, TCP/IP, ATM, T1, 802.11x, etc.
- Understanding of hardware and software troubleshooting methodologies
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting or deskside support experience
- Knowledge of applicable local country data privacy practices and laws preferred
- Experience in help desk, deskside support or related field
- Certifications in IT Support, Hardware and Software topics preferred
- Skills at the designated proficiency level as indicated below in the skills model
Skills and Competencies
Business Acumen/Business & IT IQ
- C&D and Consumer Products Industry Knowledge
- C&D Business Area(s) Domain Knowledge
- IT Domain Knowledge & Navigation
Relationship Management & Consulting
- Internal/External Partner Relationships
- Consulting & Facilitation
- Presentation Skills/Storytelling
Problem Framing/Analysis & Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking & System Thinking
- Analysis & Problem Solving
- Innovation & Ideation Skills
- Active Listening
- Composure & Executive Presence
- Written Communications
IT Support Engineering
- Client Hardware & Software Deployment
- Application Support
- Demonstrations, Training & Support
- Network Troubleshooting & Support
Required training for this role is dictated by the Church & Dwight Learning Management System
- Code of Conduct
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More