Machine Tech II at Waterpik
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position is located in Fort Collins, CO and will work in the Waterpik office. Performs repetitive operations on small, standardized parts to close tolerances using basic machine shop equipment, including but not limited to drills, mills, lathes, presses, grinders, tumblers and sanders. Able to operate both the Scaler and Bruderer Machines. Do minor set-ups to machines.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Recognizes defective tooling, machine malfunctions and dimensional deviations.
- Makes minor machine set-ups and keeps fixturing clear of chips to insure proper positioning of work.
- Able to trouble shoot Die problems and repair as needed.
- Able to do Surface Grinding to sharpen Punch cutter.
- Must be able to operate the bagger for the matrix bands.
- Assists co-workers in various job functions and performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Removes chips and performs simple maintenance procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Responsible for following quality system procedures. Assists in procedure development when required. Ensures product quality and takes appropriate action when non-conformances are identified. Keeps accurate records as required.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of all work performed.
- Conduct all activities in a fair, ethical manner which is in compliance with all corporate policies.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Reads blueprints and understands measuring procedures.
- Uses scales, calipers, micrometers, direct reading and fixed gauges to measure work.
- Experience developing written instructions and providing written directions for subsequent shifts and/or co-workers
- Must have working knowledge of machining operations, materials, production standards and measuring instruments.
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent.
Competent in basic math skills, i.e. shop arithmetic
Vocational or high school education may be supplemented by on the job training plus 2-4 years of applied machine shop experience.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Must be able to perform repetitive operations.
- Eyesight sufficient to examine parts for cosmetic defects and use appropriate measuring equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds 45 inches from the floor several times a day.
- Involves bending, reaching, and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to carry chips, parts and material back and forth in the building, place on shelves and lift into ship disposal areas.
- Must be able to tolerate odors associated with machining operations.
- May be exposed to noise, oil and hazards associated with metal working machinery.
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime if required.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Department Leader/Manager and may take direction from the Production Leads
Supervisory Duties: None
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $19.00 - $27.58 Hourly
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
This role is full-time onsite, 2nd shift.
This position is expected to close on August 29, 2023.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More