Principal Project Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Location: Hybrid (Ewing, NJ/Home Office)
This position will be a senior leader for large, cross-functional, high impact business programs (consisting of multiple projects and/or phases). The position will have a wide range of responsibilities with main focus on leading cross-functional teams to successfully integrate mergers & acquisitions. This position will need to be comfortable managing a variety of projects that span across business functions, geographies, core IT infrastructure and non-IT initiatives. This position will need to be effective in 'juggling multiple priorities & projects.' The individual in this role will interact with the most senior leaders in the company and must be able to drive alignment, decision making and results exercising interpersonal savvy and influence. Being an expert communicator and relationship builder is essential and critical for this position's effectiveness and success.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage cross-functional project teams, with a key focus on coordinating transaction related due diligence and integration activities
- Effectively plan and facilitate meetings to reach conclusions/consensus. Monitor projects and solve problems to keep projects moving forward
- Identify and track risks, actions, issues, decisions, dependencies, and synergies to ensure successful diligence and integration
- Develop or enhance playbooks for future M&A activities. Build key success metrics to evaluate the impact of various projects, improvements, and services
- Lead a wide range of high visibility projects
- Work with functional and departmental leaders to prepare scopes of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost and budget estimates, work plan schedules and milestones, quality metrics, risk identification, and communication needs
- Provide project management on all assigned initiatives including, but not limited to: project plan creation and updating, weekly status reporting, governance reviews, procurement contracts, establishing budgets and tracking actuals to plan.
- Leads project owners of different reporting levels, work streams, and functions (including vendors) to inspire alignment, accountability and ensure overall program goals are being met
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Business or Engineering
- 10+ years of IT Project/Program Management experience spanning multiple functional areas (supply chain, sales, marketing, IT, etc.)
- Solid track record executing at a high level as an individual contributor and then holding positions of increasing responsibility in leading and managing the following areas:
- Project Management - demonstrated experience organizing, planning, and managing high-priority projects from concept through implementation
- Strategic Planning - ability to think strategically and plan effectively including experience in developing integration strategies and plans
- Stakeholder Communication - superior verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build presentations to communicate complex topics in straightforward terms. Strong presence, poise, and persuasiveness to quickly establish a high level of credibility at all levels
- Proven experience in developing assessment and execution methodologies for new areas
- Proven experience leading high impact mid-size-to-large, complex, cross-functional, multi-phase projects, M&A, and complex business initiatives
- 20% travel (domestic and international) as required
Skills and Competencies
- Effective change manager, attention to detail, problem solving skills, enthusiasm, assertiveness, and ability to be hands on as needed
- Able to quickly develop deep understanding of C&D’s business from a cultural & operational perspective
- Results oriented, pragmatic executor
- Project, Program, and/or Agile certification (preferred)
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business requirements and manage to tight deadlines.
- Consumer Products Industry experience and experience working in regulated environment (preferred)
- Influencing: Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade. Develops influential relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Business and Technical Acumen: Inherent business acumen with an in depth understanding of business models, business process, technology solutions. Assesses and evaluates risk. Understands the implications of new business processes & technology.
- Strategic Thinking: Keeping overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not deflected by details.
- Analytical Thinking: Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed.
- Complexity: Performs highly complex work activities covering process, technical, financial and quality aspects.
- HR New Hire On-Boarding
- Code of Conduct
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- System Development Lifecycle
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More