Global Toxicology and Product Safety Program Scientist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Leadership in ingredient and product safety management including risk assessments and managing safety testing programs to ensure product safety across a diverse product portfolio worldwide. Leadership expertise in technical issue identification and resolution strategies using innovative thinking and problem-solving skills during various stages of product development. Technical experience with regulatory submissions, market introduction and post-market surveillance.
- Responsible for global safety of all raw materials and finished products assessments for personal care products and medical devices including MDR BER and CER
- Identify safety issues, and design and propose safety programs
- Prepare safety assessments for consumer tests, regulatory submissions, and market introduction of new products
- Collaborate with multifunctional teams across the globe in R&D, Marketing, Legal, Regulatory and Quality to provide risk assessments and meet regulatory requirements
- Use published guidance documents to support safety and risk assessments to meet regulatory requirements of Far East, U.S., Canadian and European regulations such as U.S. FDA & EPA, Health Canada, ECHA/REACH, OECD & ICH.
- Provide safety and clinical substantiation dossiers for safety claim substantiations
- Design safety and clinical tests for new ingredients and products at outside contract laboratories and academic sites. Coordination/management of safety studies is a plus.
- Review, interpret and communicate clinical safety and in vitro test results to key customers.
- Develop and review safety related statements on package, corporate website, and social media.
- Assist Product Development teams across the globe in biological effects of ingredients and formulation technologies.
- Participate on external scientific committees and monitor and communicate external safety related activities that may impact the company business.
Education and Experience
- PhD in toxicology or pharmacology or a related field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience or master’s degree from an accredited institution with at least 10 years of experience in toxicology/product safety assurance.
- ERT certification is highly describable.
Skills and Competencies
Excellent oral, written communication and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, strong collaboration and teamwork skills, ERT certification
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More