Instrumentation and Controls Specialist - Weekend Days
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Instrumentation and Controls Specialist - Weekend Days
Shift: Monday & Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday 5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (overtime as required)
Starting Pay Rate -$42.20
$1,5000 Sign On Bonus
- Under the direction and supervision of the Sr. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer, this position will provide plant instrumentation and controls support in the design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems and instrumentation.
- This individual will be engaged in the area of automation throughout the plant and will be responsible for leading troubleshooting activities and assisting with improvement/capital work related to automation and instrumentation.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within area of responsibility. Support all plant safety policies and procedures.
- Assist with the design and modification of new and existing process control and instrumentation systems.
- Act as a technical resource for capital projects relating to automation and controls infrastructure, etc.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer, continually improve packaging and processing equipment controls logic for better efficiency and reduced waste.
- Assist plant Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics and Line Mechanics in all instrumentation and control-based troubleshooting, improvement initiatives, preventative maintenance and testing and other plant maintenance activities.
- Understand processing automation for troubleshooting and improving cycle time throughput.
- Assist in instrument calibration activities throughout the facility.
- The individual may be required to provide electrical support and should be skilled in doing so safely.
- During certain periods the position may require a flexible work schedule, to be planned in advance, to support specific plant needs requiring instrumentation and controls support during non-standard work hours.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Experience in the design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems, with the desire and ability to advance this skillset.
- Proven knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and Underwriter Laboratories (UL) standards, Allen Bradley Controls, AC and motor controls, and process sensors of all types
- Capability to calibrate and test instrumentation and controls, verify instrumentation accuracy and effectiveness and perform routine maintenance on the plant-wide controls system.
- Ability to interpret, red-line and prepare detailed control and instrumentation schematics, ladder logic diagrams, wiring schematics and PID’s/PFD’s.
- Ability to prioritize and direct work assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, production driven work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle situations with a strong bias towards Continuous Improvement fundamentals.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including 5S, TPM, RCA, etc. Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP).
- Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module and AutoCAD a plus.
- Ability to methodically collect and analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, workflow, etc.
- 3-5 years of controls/instrumentation/electrical experience in a high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment. CPG and/or experience in a FDA-regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be shift flexible to work various hours and shifts as needed, especially during large projects, installations, etc. Formal training in control systems and instrumentation, or equivalent work experience, required.
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More