Regulatory Specialist, Global Markets Group (Asia Pacific)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position will be the data custodian to manage product registration requests e.g., new registrations, registration renewals, change notifications, documentation requests for the Global Markets Group (GMG) in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. They will be responsible for coordinating, drafting and/or reviewing the technical documents needed for the requests. They will ensure timely delivery of these documents to third party distributors while maintaining proper communication in line with Church & Dwight internal policies. They will need to maintain the product registration requests database and generate the reporting metrics to management on a regular basis.
This position will review and analyze the current processes utilized by the regulatory team in APAC. They can then make a conclusion and present recommendations on how to enhance the efficiency of these processes. This position will liaise primarily with Sales, Marketing, Research & Development, and International Regulatory Affairs. They may also interface with Quality and Supply Chain on an ad hoc basis as needed.
Strategy and Functional Expertise
- Knowledge of department policies, procedures and metrics
- Competency in standard computer-based software knowledge e.g. SharePoint, Teams
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date documentation in shared repository
- High attention to detail, organization and accuracy
- Executes duties in line with Church & Dwight relevant policies and procedures
Leadership and Influence
- Ability to manage challenging projects independently with minimal supervision
- Well organized; demonstrates forward leaning and high initiative
- Establishes credibility as the go-to person who is able to get things dones, understands the situation at hand and brings feasible solutions reliably, works cooperatively with other coworkers, and supports the ideas of others in the regulatory department with data
Program Development and Program Management
- Delivers project tasks on time
- Works internally to identify regulatory requirements
- Recommends improvements to processes
- Solves issues quickly and efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Impact and Reach
- Strong execution skills
- Demonstrates agility and connectivity within the department
- Actively builds meaningful connections and partnerships with other business functions
- Ability to master usage of various softwares
Education and Experience
- Science education at a tertiary level e.g. diploma or bachelor’s degree in chemistry or applied science from an accredited institution
- No prior experience is required; previous internship experience in regulatory affairs department of fast moving consumer goods companies would be advantageous
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements in some product categories such as cosmetics, household cleaning products, medical devices, food additives, dietary supplements, electrical appliances, over-the-counter drugs
- Applicant must be able to work legally without the need for company sponsorship of a work pass
Skills and Competencies
- Problem-solving skills: identifies issues and analyses the severity of the problem based on weighting the accuracy and relevancy of the information at hand.
- Analytical skills: generates and evaluates alternative solutions to make effective and timely decisions.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; additional oral and written fluency in Mandarin, Japanese, and/or Korean will be helpful
- Team minded, detail-oriented, proactive self-starter
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft 365 applications e.g. OneNote, Forms, Visio, PowerBI
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More