A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position will provide human resources support and leadership for all plant HR initiatives in a lean manufacturing and distribution environment. Provides strategic consulting, direction and assistance in the execution of people or business strategies, including organizational development, staffing, talent retention, employee relations, and performance management.
- Responsible for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area of responsibility. Support all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Continuously analyze and monitor staffing levels within the organization, engaging in recruiting efforts (recruiting, interviewing, internal job movement, and on-boarding) when necessary to ensure compliance with budgeted staffing levels required for effective plant operations. Maintain compliance with all affirmative action goals.
- Partner with operations to model, shape and assess the organization culture which fill foster a continuous improvement culture and achieve targeted business objectives. Act as an employee advocate and ensure compliance to the Company’s human resources policies and appropriate government laws and regulations.
- Work with employees and leaders to resolve employee relations issues that may include conflict resolution, performance improvement and terminations.
- Assist leaders with corrective actions, performance improvement plans, suspensions and terminations, when necessary.
- Manage employee relations through all appropriate methods of engagement, communication and nurturing a positive employee environment with the use of positive employee relations practices and provide necessary education and coaching.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of all established human resources policies and procedures and ensure fair and consistent application is followed throughout the facility.
- Assists and lead investigations with Plant & Corporate stakeholders to support complex investigations relating to serious violations of policies and procedures governing employee conduct and recommends appropriate action.
- Assists with corrective actions and disciplinary documentation and conversation.
- Participates in business planning activities, identifies and recommends human resources responses aligned to business strategy. Actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement within the human resources function and the facility, as well as, make suggestions and champion action plans around those opportunities.
- Conducts exit interviews to gather information to support retention initiatives.
- Assists Human Resources Business Partner and other members in the HR team with special projects as needed.
- Assists with the development of and/or facilitation of training for all employees on plant policies and procedures; Code of Conduct, Diversity & Inclusion, etc.
- Assists with HR initiatives, such as, Open Enrollment, Engagement Surveys, etc. as needed.
- Maintain applicable HR metrics such as Time-to-Fill, Employee Relations Log, etc.
- Directs information of a critical/sensitive nature to the HR Business Partner in a timely and appropriate manner to not jeopardize confidential information or timeliness of response.
- Serves as back-up for the absence of the Human Resources Administrator.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite). WorkDay and WorkForce experience a plus.
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field is required. PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
- 1-3 years previous human resources generalist experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More