Sr. Research Chemist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Research Scientist located at our Princeton, NJ location.
The Sr. Research Chemist will execute product innovation technology activities under the supervision of an R&D Director in a manner consistent with the C&D R&D Core Principles of teamwork, consumer and customer focus, personal responsibility and integrity, and ethical behavior and practices.
- Develop laboratory samples and product prototypes to meet project design parameters • Identify and/or develop methods and conduct tests to evaluate products or prototypes against established goals • Record and analyze data; draw conclusions and make recommendations for next steps • Create experimental designs for prototypes and test methods • Evaluate new technologies for use in products/prototypes
- Partner with Consumer Engagement to execute consumer research activities
- Participate in the identification of consumer insights to drive new innovative product ideas
- Be able to work on several projects in parallel. Review patent & non-patent literature, supervise staff members in experimental testing, present results at internal technical meetings
- Prepare technical supporting documents for claims support. Explore new technologies/chemistries/methodologies/outside testing/instrumentation for various projects. Coordinate meetings of suppliers/vendors. Participate in supplier technical pipeline development and technology showcase meetings.
- Help trouble shoot technical challenges
- Lead cross-functional meetings to contribute in the development process; provide technical input; provide input to the status of deliverables and project timelines; review status of projects in portfolio
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a B.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology or related disciplines, with 8+ years of laboratory experience or Ph.D. degree in chemistry or related disciplines, with 2+ years of laboratory experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Key Competencies: time management, flexibility, creativity, risk assessment
- Good laboratory experimental execution, data recording and safety practices • Ability to work independently on multiple, concurrent assigned projects with limited supervision
- Can supervise laboratory technicians and temporary employees • Good oral and written communication skills • Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More