Manufacturing Engineer - Days
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Manufacturing Engineer - Salary
This current wage range for this position is $88,600 to $133,000 annually
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new
- ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our Victorville, CA Facility.
What you’ll do:
Under general supervision, the Manufacturing Engineer develops, implements, and sustains manufacturing methods, processes, and equipment to improve safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency at the plant in accordance with the policies and practices of Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Responsible at all times for ensuring that tasks are performed according to safety, quality, and regulatory guidelines.
- Document all work in a systematic manner to ensure sustainment of improvements.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) and technical resource within assigned area.
- Work closely with all functional groups to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency.
- Complete job safety analyses (JSA) to identify and control equipment and process hazards.
- Support Lean activities and Continuous Improvement events.
- Improve and sustain 5S standards for all areas of responsibility.
- Implement Poka-Yoke (mistake-proofing) and Visual Controls.
- Identify, track, and analyze key performance indicators (KPI) for equipment and processes.
- Implement systems for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) where possible.
- Participate in team efforts to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Minimize equipment downtime through development of planned and predictive maintenance.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis through 5-Whys, Cause & Effect (C&E), and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for equipment and systems.
- Manage capital projects to improve or replace manufacturing/facility equipment.
- Execute all project stages from proposal, planning, justification, installation, qualification, and final documentation and release.
- Prepare and present regular status updates to project stakeholders.
- Create detailed design specifications, functional requirements, and performance standards.
- Source equipment, tools, and resources needed to complete tasks and projects.
- Identify spare parts, sub-assemblies, and tools needed to minimize downtime.
- Generate and update procedures for startup, operation, shut-down, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting of all equipment.
- Document Standard Work, work instructions, flow-charts, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or related technical field plus 5+ years of experience in related industry
- or Associate of Science Degree in engineering or related technical field plus 10+ years of experience in related industry and 5+ years of experience working in a Lean & Continuous Improvement environment or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job.
- Leadership and project management experience is required.
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methods and proficiency in CAD, solid modeling, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks is preferred.
- High energy, self-starter with the ability to influence others
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficiency with standard computer software including MS Office Suite
- Capable of reading detailed blueprints, schematics, and P&IDs
- Familiar with PLCs and machine control logic
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Annual Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Annual Safety Training
- Code of Conduct
- Role specific training as indicated in the plant Training Tracker and/or Safety Matrix
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of a 7 panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More