QC Resource Operator - Weekend Nights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
- Under the direction of the QC / QA Coordinator - VMS, this position will be responsible for coordination of the quality control duties related to in-process checks, equipment monitoring, training, data review, documentation of equipment calibration, review of plant floor equipment logs and OOS (out of specification) investigations associated with plant floor activities.
- Conduct HACCP training, Food Safety Inspections and Critical Control Point monitoring as needed.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safe culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Support all plant and department safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Conducts Food Safety Reviews and ensures CCP are functioning. Creates visual standards for all quality inspections.
- Assists with training quality control and operations personnel in good documentation practices and performs in-process quality checks on all shifts.
- Maintain plant floor instrument calibration program by tracking instrument qualification due dates and assigning them to lab staff or outside vendors as needed.
- Perform initial root cause analysis of any run failures. Assist in equipment troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Manage OOS (out of specification) investigation process.
- Assign investigations, utilize root cause analysis technique, communicate results, implement corrective actions and coordinate retesting with outside laboratories where applicable. Initiate change requests for process updates by providing sufficient documentation.
- Execute projects as assigned to meet changing plant needs and requirements.
- Maintain all housekeeping, regulatory and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Provide general Quality Department support as needed (audits, failure investigations, complaint investigations, new formula / product start-ups, compliance monitoring, etc.)
- Participate in development, maintenance and communication all applicable SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and work instructions for the operation.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Plant Quality Systems including SOP’s, control plans, work instructions, audit functions, etc.
- Competence in Total Quality Systems (ISO-9000), cGMP and regulatory requirements (21 CFR 110, 111 and 210/211).
- Ability to maintain plant floor documents; strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of applicable food safety terminology, equipment, materials and techniques/procedures.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project and SAP).
- Ability to interpret and analyze technical data and make appropriate recommendations as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or related field preferred. 3-5 years previous quality experience in a fast-paced regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in dietary supplements, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), food or pharmaceuticals industry a plus. Previous HACCP experience and certification preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More