Senior Research Scientist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Senior Research Scientist will provide technical expertise of the development/qualification/implementation of new products for our global diagnostic medical device products. This is a hybrid work schedule working on the First Response Brand.
The Senior Research Scientist t will have a good understanding of diagnostic products and associated technologies, as well as methods of manufacture. Knowledge of lateral flow immunoassays, antibody-antigen chemistry, and/or protein chemistry preferred. The Senior Research Scientist will also be able to pursue research projects independently, synthesize information and data to draw appropriate conclusions and suggest development directions, and serve as the Technical Project Lead on product development initiatives.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Conducts independent in vitro diagnostic and immunoassay test system research including ideation, technical transfer to manufacturing sites, and launch under the general direction of the Program Manager
- Supports marketed products to maintain operational continuity and remain relevant amongst competitive set
- Create, update, and maintain electronic product specifications. Assemble product design history files and relevant documentation to support new product launches and marketed product changes
- Adheres to and follows procedures for working in laboratory designated for the development of FDA regulated medical devices. Assists in maintaining laboratory compliance including SOP development and equipment maintenance
- Trains and helps junior scientists and technicians in developing experimental design, analyzing data and developing conclusions
- Plans, designs experiments, and analyzes data, provides timely reports, and maintains complete and accurate records of experimental studies
- Reviews scientific literature to maintain current knowledge of new developments in immunoassay technology
- Attends meetings and trainings to maintain and enhance knowledge of immunoassay technology
- Collaborates with internal departments, external manufacturers, and suppliers and recommend technologies to influence product performance, claim and launch campaigns
Education and Experience
Successful candidate will have a BS or MS degree from an accredited institution in biochemistry/immunochemistry or related discipline with 7+ years of industry experience or PhD with 3+ years of industry experience in a related technical field.
Skills and Competencies
- Possesses high level of technical knowledge in immunoassay and related fields with the ability to analyze results, draw conclusions, and recommend actions
- Knowledge of basic FDA regulatory requirements for medical devices
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple technical projects in laboratory or manufacturing plant with some support from non-exempt employees
- Uses good judgment in priority calls with guidance from supervisor to meet project objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in cross-functional environment involving marketing, consumer research, and regulatory
- Proven skills in technical writing and communication
- Excellent written and oral skills with ability to deliver topline reports to management
- Exhibits strong organizational, planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop, organize and prioritize tasks within assigned projects and work with supervisor to manage assigned projects
- Ability to mentor junior staff
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More