A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Manufacturing Engineer Trainee
Green River Manufacturing Facility
Under the Technical Manager’s supervision, incumbent will be responsible for providing technical and project support for a manufacturing and packaging facility. Assignments to this role could include technical projects, cost reduction projects, capital projects, safety projects, general engineering projects, or any related project that involves engineering support and aligns with a safe, efficient, and productive work environment at Church and Dwight. Other aspects of the position involve networking and communicating with other site management and teams, high-level skill development training, and direct interaction with the facility and its operators.
- Rotate through the various functions of the site over the course of a 18-24 month period, supporting project work as assigned.
- Work with higher-level managers to develop critical leadership skills for later career growth. Work with mentors in various fields of work, including but not limited to site maintenance, quality production, environmental health and safety, lean practices, and savings.
- Ensure that all tasks/projects are performed according to safety, quality and regulatory procedures.
- Responsible for planning and executing improvement activities for manufacturing and packaging facility.
- Applies engineering fundamentals to assigned tasks including but not limited to reading and updating process flow diagrams, material balances, and basic unit operations.
- Support culture of continuous improvement. Incorporate/use principles and techniques of lean manufacturing, such as 5S, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) elements, etc. during project completion.
- Attends and actively participates in team, plant and project meetings.
- Provides timely and effective communication of project activities and progress to supervision.
- Manage time and prioritize project loads to complete assigned projects.
- Provides process support and assists in troubleshooting, process issues in operations, maintenance, and packaging as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a similar field.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Work Authorization.
Special Skills / Competencies / Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems at a high level.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team to complete projects in a timely manner.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More