A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under the direction of the Technical Manager, this incumbent will support the functions of the plant maintenance group by developing advance work schedules and planning all aspects of the electrical and mechanical job scopes pertaining to work orders, shut downs and preventive maintenance for equipment and/or areas of the plant. In addition, the incumbent will support the procurement function by assisting with parts sourcing and purchasing under blanket and non-blanket purchase orders. The work requires strong technical, analytical and computer skills.
- Responsible for promoting a safety culture and awareness within all assigned job duties.
- Plans work orders. Works with maintenance and production management, and individual maintenance employees to plan and schedule work, through completion of the following tasks:
- Estimates maintenance labor hours and materials needed to complete work orders.
- Prepares requisitions and allocates material to work orders.
- Transitions work notifications to work orders. Reviews accuracy of work order details, maintains status codes on work orders and reconciles maintenance employees’ labor hours from time and attendance system against the appropriate work orders. Plays a pivotal role in gatekeeping the work notifications with operations personnel.
- Obtains blueprints and/or electrical schematics for review.
- Researches parts, model numbers, manufacturers and develops vendor sources.
- Monitors the status of work order requisitions/PO’s in order to coordinate jobs with delivery of materials.
- Performs daily reviews of outstanding work orders and associated priorities.
- Schedules and maintains the monthly, quarterly and annual preventive maintenance work orders in SAP and ensures accurate periodicity for each.
- Schedules and leads maintenance work order review meetings, including a review of completed work orders, pending work orders and various maintenance KPI’s and metrics.
- Develops Bill of Material (BOM) for various equipment numbers and/or functional areas as they are developed and identified; then ensures all parts and materials are included that are associated with the specific area, that newly-identified equipment is added to existing BOM’s, and that appropriate stocking levels are established.
- Utilizing the cross-training received from the site’s Purchasing Agent, further supports the maintenance group by assisting with bids/quotes, purchase orders and expediting parts delivery (also provides back-up support for the Purchasing Agent and Inventory Control Specialist).
- Facilitates part requests from mechanics and electricians, supporting the procurement component of their work, and develops alternatives for obsolete parts.
- Evaluates and ensures maintenance inventory reorder points and maximum stock levels are adequate for department usage
- Evaluates new or proposed equipment, in conjunction with maintenance management, and develops preventive maintenance plan prior to installation.
- Develops and maintains work procedures (SOP’s) associated with maintenance jobs for plant’s ISO, GFSI and safety programs.
- Generates purchase requisitions/orders for all refurbishment/non-stock items to be maintained in the store room. Assists employees in locating stock parts and materials in stores.
- Develops and maintains functional location numbers and equipment numbers, and then is responsible for the integrity of that master data within SAP.
- Acts as the point of contact for all maintenance-related contractors/service providers.
- Assists Technical Manager with developing estimated costs, materials lists, etc. for capital expenditure requests, when related to mechanical, electrical and/or instrumentation, and machining projects.
- Minimum of an Associate degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline is required; a bachelor degree is preferred.
- Prior experience in general plant maintenance of at least 5 years is required, including mechanical- and/or electrical-related experience, as well as purchasing activities.
- SAP and Excel software familiarity is required.
Special Skills / Competencies / Requirements
- Use safe operating procedures and judgment
- Follow all facility rules to maintain quality and integrity of both raw materials and finished products.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More