QC Lab Supervisor
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Supervises plant Quality Control and Process Laboratory to assure compliance to specification of all incoming raw materials and outgoing products.
What you’ll do:
- Maintains process, quality control, and United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) records to document the purity and quality of products, and compliance to operating procedures
- Provides laboratory support for process development and examines the sodium bicarbonate process for smooth operations. Identifying problem areas, diagnosing test results, and assist in solving process problems
- Appraises current quality and process control procedures; develops methods that will insure control of the total plant system, and disseminates this information to appropriate plant and corporate personnel
- Assists quality assurance in coordinating plant Food & Drug Administration (FDA) compliance
- Supervises the evaluation of raw materials and packaging supplies, and testing of in-process materials and finished products to insure conformance to specifications.
- Responsible for the assembly and dissemination of finished product releases, monthly reports, and EPA water/waste water testing and reporting
- Ensure laboratory testing meets all required compliance standards (i.e. Church & Dwight Standards and ISO Standards)
- Stays current on government regulations and testing methods
- Primary resource person at the plant on analytical and theoretical chemistry
- Acts as chief interface between Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions
- Works with Corporate Customer Service to investigate complaints, make recommendations for disposition of returned finished products, and fulfill special customer requests
- Familiar with the plant food safety program and basic HACCP principles
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Continuously strive to improve customer/supplier relationships and business processes
What you’ll need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach, and mentor
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate a computer in a Windows-based environment and ability to use most office equipment
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Office Suite products and Enterprise level systems such as SAP
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science field required
- Five years of related quality field experience required
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory/people leader responsibilities required
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More