Supervisor I, Customer Service
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Customer Service Supervisor (CSS) will work with the Manager to assure that the teams meet performance metrics, quality performance, as well as business objectives. Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers, support sales efforts and assist in resolving customer complaints. The CSS, acting as a team lead, will mentor and coach Customer Service Representatives. Likewise, the CSS will assure all actions taken by customer service representatives follow all appropriate regulations, policies, and procedures.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supervisors KPIs for all channels (Chat, Email, Calls and Letters) below:
- Service Level Goal- to answer 85% of calls on Monday’s in 30 seconds or less and Tuesday’s-Sunday’s answer 90% of calls in 30 seconds or less.
- Average Handle Time- this is the amount of time spent talking to the customer, goal is to be at 350 seconds or less
- Quality Assurance Score- listening to calls weekly and providing a score, goal is 88% or better
- Saves percentage for Toppik- goal is 28% or better (previous third-party contact center was at 9%)
- Sale percentage for DRTV- goal 55% or better
- Average Order Valve for DRTV- goal $235 or better
- Email Turn-Around-Time- goal 4-6 business hours or less
- Handle Critical Complaints
- Working with Engineering and Marketing on providing product updates or issues from products
- Maintain staffing levels and workloads to meet call volume expectations
- Coach CSRs on product, system and process information; including KPI and sales conversion expectations
- Seek and manage training opportunities to build professionalism, personal development for a best of class organization
- Handle safety/liability for customer complaints
- Maintain consumer email (domestic and international) traffic
- Facilitate and organize training sessions for all agents and participate in recruitment of new call center agents
- Perform call, email and chat quality evaluations for CS as required
- Make real-time schedule changes based off forecasting and staffing for the day
- Monitor all calls to ensure that quality standards are strictly adhered to
- Plan and enforce policies and procedures
- Resolve escalated calls from customers
- Work with the Manager and/or Director to develop and improve call center personnel, policies, procedures and work processes
- Assist with special projects, as requested, and additional duties as assigned
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert at Waterpik & CHD products, policies and procedures
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Associate's degree in related field preferred
- 4 years relevant work experience is required, preferably in a customer service and sales call center environment, AND at least 1 – 2 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Thorough understanding of Water Pik processes and systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft office applications
- Able to make quick, decisive and independent decisions within Waterpik culture and policies
- Excellent problem-solving skills, to effectively address problems and mediate issues to the customers satisfaction
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule (8:30 AM – 5:00 PM MST)
- Good organizational, analytical and independent decision making skills
- CHD Applications
Reporting Relationship: Sr. Manager, Customer Service
Supervisory Duties: None
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $20.00 - $27.00 Hourly
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More