Sr. Manager, Category & Shopper Insights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Sr. Manager, Category & Shopper Insights will work with internal stakeholders, data vendor partners, data analytic tools, and key retailers to develop, communicate, and activate fact-based insights and strategies to help drive C&D and Category Topline Sales objectives.
The role will report to the Director, Category & Shopper Insights.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Leverage cross functional Resources, Tools, and Insights to Enable Execution: Become the expert in bringing together Loyalty Card, Panel, Shopper Insights, Research, and Analytic Tools to deliver unique insights.
- Drive CHD Strategy with Category & Shopper Insights: Discover actionable insights that enable CHD Leadership to make smarter business decisions?
- Drive Market Activation with our Retailers: What are the key insights CHD Sales Teams need that help sell-in strategies with their customers?
- Inform and advise the organization on Key Trends and Insights: Leverage Cross-Functional Partnerships (SABs, MRD, CSP, IRI) to provide CHD Sr. Sales Leadership with fact-based insights to keep informed on business building Strategies & Opportunities.
- Be a Strong Storyteller: Bring together and simplify actionable insights into a clear story that is easy to learn and communicate.
- Partner with our Top 10 Strategic Customers by Brand: Work with Retailer Sales teams to present strategies and execute in Market.
- Measure, Learn, Change: Work to test concepts in-Market, work with Data Science group to measure results, and incorporate successes back into our Category strategies.
- Be the Category Expert: Continuous viewing and communicating changes in the category, with the competition, and with the shopper.
The Category & Shopper Insights Manager will be evaluated on the following KPIs:
- Creation and Activation of Category Platforms with Top 10 Strategic Customers by Brand
- Category share growth at Top 10 Strategic Customers by Brand
- Increased distribution share growth or share of shelf at Top 10 Strategic Customers by Brand
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university required. MBA is a bonus.
- 7+ years of experience in the CPG industry required.
- 7+ years of IRI and/or Nielsen syndicated data experience is required.
- Experience with Panel Data and Loyalty Card.
- Experience with Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, PowerPoint.
- Experience with PowerBI, Access, other data processing tools a plus.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and creative problem-solving skills.
Skills and Competencies
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Decision Quality
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More