Global Director, Lean Manufacturing
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Global Director-Lean Manufacturing
Department: Operations, US Manufacturing
Reports To: VP, Manufacturing
The Global Director Lean Manufacturing is primarily responsible for supporting the execution of the overall Church & Dwight Lean Manufacturing strategy to meet the company’s cost and service goals by increasing performance and reducing var. This position will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and leveraging creative solutions to solve business needs within the Manufacturing plant network.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop strategies to drive operational excellence within manufacturing through the effective use implementation of lean principles and methodologies, creating manufacturing standards and establishment of an audit program across all manufacturing and distribution sites covering the 5 pillars of the Church and Dwight Supply Chain strategy:
Safe, Reliable and Sustainable Supply Chain
Supply Chain Simplification
Gross Margin Improvement
Agility and Responsiveness
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Site Leaders and the VP of Global Manufacturing to design and implement changes to processes that improve results and help to optimize the overall annual $350MM footprint spending
- Leverage data to drive continuous improvement in areas such as productivity, quality, safety and service
- Expand lean manufacturing processes and tools across the Supply Chain and other areas of the company
- Directly oversee, develop, and lead the Global Supply Chain People Capabilities, Digital Platforms Manager and all Global Reliability and TPM Leaders.
- Develop and maintain training programs to drive awareness of the Church and Dwight lean strategies
- Work collaborative with the Global Operations Leadership Team to define the organization structure, responsibilities, practices, procedures, processes and resources to ensure conformance with the Lean standards
- Develop tools to ensure all Church and Dwight people and temporary employees at all levels within the factory have the skills and competencies to perform their job function and to ensure effective implementation
- Implement in partnership with Plant Management the use of standard dashboards to measure KPIs and audits to track progress.
- Achieving operational excellence through proactively identifying productivity and capacity improvement opportunities.
- Design and implement global and local learning programs based on supply chain needs, consistent with best practices and innovative approaches in the industry.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Manufacturing process labor standards.
- Develop a factory master plan roadmap aligned the Global Supply Chain strategy designed to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost Objectives using lean tools, techniques and methods.
- Oversee the reliability certification program for plants and other supply chain operations, with the goal of all plants reaching the highest level of certification.
- Lead efforts to optimize the production planning people, processes and procedures to meet customer service and working capital goals
- Training, coaching and challenging process owners in the use of lean and statistical tools, approaches and techniques to create sustainable management and measurement systems.
- Facilitate team use of Lean Tools, including Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, PDCA/Problem Solving Process, and identifying Waste.
- Manage multiple projects to ensure on-time delivery and quality using both internal and external resources.
- Investigating and analyzing production methods and processes to identify improvements to drive efficiency, reduce cost and eliminate waste.
- Build Lean networks to drive synergies across the global manufacturing foot print including identifying and sharing good practices
- Work closely with IT to develop and enhance shop floor information system to optimize data integrity and analytics to facilitate the CI process at the plants.
- Work collaboratively with the Global Operations Leadership Team to define the organization structure, responsibilities, practices, procedures, processes and resources to ensure conformance with the TPM / Reliability standards.
- Oversees strategies to manage maintenance spend of $40MM / year, MRO storage of $30MM and professional maintenance headcount of ~180 maintenance professionals.
- Work collaborative with the Sites, Customer Service & Logistics and Commercial team to improve service levels for the power brands
- Enhance the effectiveness of our reliability systems, tools and training programs. T
- Develop the infrastructure for learning and development and plant career pathing programs based on supply chain needs, such as, establishing standardized methods and procedures for delivery, evaluation, measurement, training progress, and reporting, consistent with best practices and innovative approaches in the industry.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial / Mechanical / Chemical Engineering or related field experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 10-12 years of experience in Lean Manufacturing, Project and Operations Management in a manufacturing environment including 2-3 years of experience as Plant Manager.
- Certification in Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Black Belt from ASQ or equivalent.
- Consumer products industry knowledge or working experience a plus.
- Practical experience in project/ program management and lean implementation. Strong management, communication, and leadership skills. Should be analytical, motivated with a positive manner, and willing to work in a group/team setting.
- Progressive work history in manufacturing environment, demonstrating growth in position and/or responsibility.
- Audit management
- Proven experience on leading projects to reduce conversion cost and/or improving responsiveness
- Strong communication skills including developing and implementing process to connect with the manufacturing sites and share best practices
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in solving difficult tasks.
- Strong influence with integrity skills
- Strong initiative; ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated leadership capability in team settings.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated results in Lean/Six Sigma implementation
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More