Senior Design Engineer, Mechanical at WaterPik
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Design new products or improve existing to meet specified requirements, while working independently or in a cross-functional team environment.
Specifically, developing consumer-facing electromechanical devices using injection molded components and higher volume manufacturing. At times work may include more abstract research and development explorations.
The senior level of experience of this role accompanies the expectation of proactive inputs to improve both products and department procedures.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating innovative designs, meeting inputs from consumer needs and engineering principles to manufacturing methods and cost constraints.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding specifications and requirements defined for the project.
- Responsible as senior engineer for technical guidance of less experienced teammates as well as participation in the continuous improvement of department technical procedures and best practices.
- Responsible for project deliverables as part of Water Pik new product development process and accountable for these deliverables meeting the quality management system (QMS) requirements.
- Responsible for communication of project status to team members and accountable for cross-functional team behaviors to support a collaborative team environment.
- Responsible at times for the communication of design changes or manufacturing inputs to supplier. And accountable for communications following QMS guidelines.
- Responsible for documenting designs for potentially patentable ideas through sketches, test data, or written reports. Accountable for accuracy of information as part of patent application.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid modeling skill, preferably SolidWorks
- Plastic part design skill, for parts intended for higher volume manufacture.
- Electromechanical design skill, specifically motor-powered devices
- Knowledge of electrical components – batteries, motors, switches.
- Ability to verbally or in written form communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
Education and Experience
- A BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent learning experience in a technical science area
- A minimum of 7-10 years of product design experience.
- Knowledge of plastic molded part and electrotechnical design in higher volume manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of consumer product or medical device design is highly desirable.
Reports directly to Water Pik Senior Director New Products
- No supervisory responsibilities
- On specified projects as part of workstream management, may direct technical activities of engineers, CAD designers, model makers, contract manufacturers, or other engineering personnel.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $88,600 - $110,800 Annual Salary.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More