Compounding Resource Operator - Weekend Nights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
VMS – COMPOUNDING RESOURCE OPERATOR
Shift : F/G - Monday and Friday 9:30pm - 6:00am;
Saturday and Sunday 5:30pm to 5:30am
Pay Rate: $33.99/hour
Sign On Bonus: $1,500
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our York, PA Facility.
What you’ll do:
This position will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the VMS Compounding Department for safety, quality and productivity in all facets of the compounding process. This includes the mixing and blending of product from receiving raw materials to transferring finished batches to packaging lines.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area.
- Sets a leading example by supporting and adhering to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Plan daily work assignments including batch and compounding schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating production requirements.
- Transmit and assign production schedules to employees according to priority.
- Collaborate with employees and Coordinators to effectively resolve work-related issues.
- Perform compounding, line operation and mechanical troubleshooting of the lines, including the performance of PM activities.
- Perform process and machine set-up and changeovers.
- As a working lead, assist in performance of all work related assignments as needed.
- Perform all necessary quality checks, review and audit work performed both during the process and at completion to ensure accuracy to work orders.
- May occasionally operate forklifts, scissors lifts and/or other powered industrial trucks in loading, unloading and movement of parts and equipment.
- Assist with the training and certification program as needed.
- Computer operation including the automated batch processing system, e-mail, etc.
- Data entry and distribution of key production metrics, productivity, OEE, etc.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Assist Production Coordinator as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Skill and ability to complete PIT Certification (Powered Industrial Truck) to safely operate material handling equipment such as stand-up/sit-down forklifts, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, WMS and SAP preferred).
- Strong mechanical and chemical aptitude, shop math skills and troubleshooting ability required.
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) certification required.
- High school diploma or GED required. 3-5 years’ experience technical equipment operation experience (preferably batch chemical processing) in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment preferred.
- Prior manufacturing experience in a GMP environment required (food manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, etc.)
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance, the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More