A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position has overall responsibility for effectively managing the employee workforce in all facets of the site quality management, continuously meet or exceed documentation completion, and time sensitive deadlines in support of regulatory and internal/external customer requirements. Scheduling and managing the daily shift activities within designated department. The Supervisor is the principle link between all levels of management for the daily operation under their area of responsibility.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area of responsibility. Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Direct shift activities to meet scheduling and customer requirements.
- Communicate timely with Corporate resources related to any issues involving product, equipment and space.
- Manage and troubleshoot any issues that could impact the business.
- Lead new plant and or corporate initiatives / projects related to systems, equipment and design.
- Coordinate staffing levels, materials, methods and metrics (measurements) to ensure an effective operation.
- Participation in employee process from the hiring stage through termination.
- Initiate all employee relations functions as necessary such as coaching, discipline, etc.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Accountable for accurate and timely recording of employee attendance and payroll.
- Responsible for all job-related training for their work team.
- Identify and lead opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives with the use of LEAN methodology as a vehicle to drive improvement in safety, quality and customer service.
- Identify and facilitate training needs assessments, developmental plans and execution of training requirements for the department.
- Ensure routine and specialized line audits and other inspection activities are being completed and documented correctly. Assist teams with related inspection training activities, provide/maintain sample standards and general test equipment support.
- Directly assist the Quality Manager with QMR report preparation across the site team, including meeting coordination, record keeping and CAPA follow-up support.
- Manage the site document control program to ensure active documents (SOP, JWI, OLP, etc.) are in place and accessible. Continuously monitor production and department areas for obsolete documentation usage.
- Point of contact for third party onsite contractors to resolve issues or concerns.
- Communicate methods, changes, scheduling, etc. as appropriate and required cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Manage all related technical systems, technologies, machines and equipment as required.
- Maintain a smooth operation by ensuring adherence to all operational methods, procedures, and processes.
- Acts as operational backup for the absence of the department Manager.
- May be required to support department overtime outside of regularly assigned shift or on weekends as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach and mentor.
- Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite).
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, workflow, etc.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or related field strongly preferred.
- 8 years supervisory experience required preferably with management experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Lean or continuous experience preferred.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More