Manufacturing Cost Engineer
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
- Provides product cost analysis support of manufacturing/production operations for Water flosser, also include tooling, equipment and fixture etc.
- Provides support including but not limited as detailed manufacturing engineering functions related to cost analyses, tooling, assembly, production process, technical etc. for sourcing team.
- With the support of Project Engineers, Design Engineers, Quality Engineers and Regulatory this position will be responsible for managing, developing and tracking the product cost reductions of new and existing products.
- This position is also responsible for tracking the cost benefit from implemented cost savings / reduction on existing product & project. OTS sourcing and low-cost development in Water Flosser.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles cost analysis and reduction duties under the supervision of the China Project Manager and the US sourcing team.
- Work with US and China product development team closely to support new product development with an emphasis on product cost and process control.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Evaluate new potential materials, products, and sources for current and future products/materials/components.
- Coordinate and manage RFQ, cost breakdown form, quote sheet, material specification etc.
- Track cost reduction implementation with the suppliers.
- Analyze products (both current and in development) for potential cost reductions in material/process and labor etc.
- Works with Design, Operations, Quality and Regulatory Departments to identify potential performance, quality and regulatory issues related to proposed cost reduction ideas.
- Develops financial estimates to evaluate cost reductions ideas. This will include but is not limited to unit costs, annual costs and project implementation costs (i.e., tooling, regulatory, etc.).
- Works with the Operations department, lead the negotiations with the supplier to confirm cost reductions ideas.
- Manage negotiations of product and/or component costs based on previous and/or similar configurations.
- Analyze and track cost through costed BOMs, commodities tracking, and labor rates.
- Manages projects and processes with limited supervision.
- Develops plan and schedule to implement approved cost reduction ideas.
- Works with the Operations department to track and quantify cost reductions on a monthly basis.
- Follow up with Suppliers: RFQ initial review and submit to sourcing team for approval.
- Maintaining current and developing new supplier relationships.
- Other duties as required.
Operating Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to set priorities and work under minimum supervision.
- Must be an organized self-starter with very strong decision-making ability.
- Must have a strong persistence to debate and challenge the cross-functional environment for the above-described duties and responsibilities
- Must possess effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience of working within a Quality Systems Management project environment.
- High level of negotiation skills with the successful project implementation and delivery within agreed objectives, budget and timeframes.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with the ability to analyze complex information.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly through written and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple cost analyses simultaneously.
- Confident and clear written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of individuals across all levels and functions.
- Strong MS Office skills required.
- Must have a strong sense of strict observance the trade secrets.
Training & Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in engineering or science.
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
- 6-10 years experience in manufacturing engineering, production, supply chain management.
- Technical capability to include design for manufacturing, plastic injection tooling, molding, assembly line, testing, production planning and lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the China Project Manager. Works closely with Sr. Operations Manager China and Procurement and Outsourcing Manager, Manufacturing Engineer, Cost Analyst and Design Engineering in FTC.
Supervisory Duties: None.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employee(s) within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More