Maintenance Technician 2 - Nights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Maintenance Tech 2 - Nights
Monday-Friday 7:00pm – 7:30am and Sat & Sun 7:00pm – 7:30am
The current wage for this position is $28.90/hour
Sign On Bonus - $3,000
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new
- ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our Victorville, CA Facility.
What you’ll do:
Under the guidance of the Maintenance Coordinator and skilled Maintenance Technicians, assists in maintaining and repairing high speed packaging equipment while maximizing production requirements that meet/exceed manufacturing specifications.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area.
- Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness throughout the plant and within their area. Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Safe and efficient packaging line operation to meet or exceed all quality, scheduling and customer requirements.
- Assist Maintenance Technician II or higher in performing technical work while running lines in pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical areas.
- Under the guidance of the Maintenance Coordinator or Maintenance Technician II or higher, maintain packaging equipment including, but not limited to, machine adjustments, repairs, lubrication, etc. and perform routine preventative maintenance to maintain efficient operation.
- Active participation in training and certification program as needed by training all Technical Line Operators in technical aspects of machinery to include set-ups, changeovers, troubleshooting, etc.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate changeover requirements with all affected personnel and departments.
- Execute the TPM (total productive maintenance) program as assigned by machine, participate in and follow up on all related activities.
- Computer operation to include SAP, CMMS, inventory management system, machine downtime history files, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years proven maintenance mechanic experience in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment preferred; CPG (consumer packaged goods) industry a plus – OR – a combination of equivalent coursework/certification and relatable experience (industrial, auto, etc.)
- Forklift experience preferred (Counterbalance, Reach or Stand up).
- Strong mechanical aptitude including basic knowledge electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic, shop math skills and strong troubleshooting ability required
- Strong computer skills required; previous experience with SAP or CMMS preferred.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of a 7-panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment. PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More