Maintenance Technician Facilities - Days
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Maintenance Technician Facilities - Days
Monday-Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
The current wage for this position is $32.05/hour
Sign On Bonus - $1,500
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new
- ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our Victorville, CA Facility.
What you’ll do:
Responsible for supporting and maintaining all facilities related systems and components required to ensure facility continues to be safe and operational to perform all required manufacturing and warehousing activities. This includes direct performance of maintenance activities as well as oversite and coordination with various outside vendors contractors and service providers. Will also be site Buyer for P-Net transactions.
- Responsible always for promoting a safety culture and awareness within the plant and their area. Support and adhere to all plant safety and environmental policies and procedures at all times.
- Understand the manufacturing process to handle daily production and maintenance related transactions.
- Responsible for all facilities related services and reoccurring maintenance which require external service. This includes but is not limited to the following;
- Regulatory and Environmental compliance.
- Utilities and support systems maintenance i.e. Boilers, Air Compressors, Air Dryers, HVAC, Personal Conveyance, Emergency Generator, Chemical treatment, Fire Protection (Fire Sprinklers, Process Fire Suppression, and site handheld extinguishers) , Lifting Cranes, Pumps and Process equipment rebuilds, Dock Equipment, Water Backflow etc.
- Building Management, works with owner and owner assigned contractors i.e. Building Roof, Site Landscaping etc.
- Manages Rental Tools and Equipment, i.e. United, Sunbelt, Ahern etc.
- Manages expectations of all site policies, including safety, quality to all contractors while on site.
- Monitors all work performance and ensures contractors to deliver all goods and services as disclosed or in accordance with our schedules for maintenance or other governing deadlines.
- Helps to manage contractors and support CER project management when necessary.
- Participates on process improvement teams and promotes teamwork.
- Identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Incorporate principles of lean manufacturing such as 5S, key TPS elements, etc.
- Must regularly exercise discretion and independent judgement while carrying out
- MRO plan execution including but not limited to the following.
- Accountability for all spare parts and the planning and purchasing of those items
- Material Master role and responsibility. Create, and maintain all MRO spare parts info records and material data
- Inventory Turn and stock level improvement. Manage inhouse stock levels to be right part right time and leverage supplier’s inventory and lead times to reduce inventory costs.
- Ensure equipment BOM’s are up to date and accurate with the assistance of the MRO Clerk
- Develop and manage partnerships with our internal and external customers and vendors.
- Review MRP and stock requirements as necessary, responsible for ordering all necessary stock and non-stock materials, evaluating and classifying said material by criticality, lead time, and fiscal impact to help ensure the overall success of the production and maintenance schedule.
- Understands all MRP, stock and non-stock material, and budgetary responsibilities within the maintenance Dept.
- Monitor and control inventory levels while analyzing material reports to keep all stocked items current and relative, while using internal and external resources to help manage storeroom requirements.
- Source, quote; negotiate, select and expedite suppliers in compliance with all Corporate and Plant purchasing policies and procedures as well as SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) regulations.
- Resolve payment and delivery issues and/or refer issues to appropriate management team member for resolution.
- Site Buyer for P-Net for all departments, responsible for ensuring accuracy of requisition and cost elements associated with the online purchase system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- High School or equivalent
- Trade or Technical school completion or equivalent Preferred
- Training and application of related maintenance skill.
- 5 years of experience in related maintenance field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, extensive experience in Excel and previous SAP experience required).
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of a 7-panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment. PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More