A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Sign on Bonus $1,500
The Processing Engineer will act as both a strong individual contributor and cross functional team member as the subject matter expert in providing plant engineering support for all batch processing and compounding systems, equipment and processes in a high-speed, continuous manufacturing operations environment
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within area of responsibility.
- Support all plant safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for optimization and troubleshooting of all systems within scope of processing and compounding activities.
- Champion implementation of detailed plans / project proposals, develop targeted action plans to meet business and financial targets and maintain accountability for action plans results.
- Work closely with corporate and plant functions for new line installations, improvement of existing processes and the development of process designs for expanded manufacturing capability.
- Must be adaptable to both process and project management roles.
- Identify and execute a variety of process improvement activities and assist production team resources by helping with production-related issues and quality improvement initiatives.
- Effectively interact with hourly, management and corporate personnel to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Manage capital projects relating to batch processing, etc.
- Complete projects as assigned within defined scope, allocated costs, time commitments and expected outcome.
- Provide plant leadership for manufacturing and distribution in all technical and administrative aspects related to processing and compounding, etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams, addressing technical challenges to achieve critical objectives.
- Understand business needs, risks and organizational dynamics as well as their implications based on developing alternate plans and choices.
- Identify and support cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Develop and coordinate all technical training requirements for operations and maintenance personnel as related to manufacturing processing.
- Promote active leadership in the implementation of plant-wide lean manufacturing efforts and TPS, integrating lean manufacturing disciplines in engineering department.
- Support and recommend continuous improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Possess a strong analytical and technical background with chemical unit operations, particularly heat transfer, distillation fluid flow and process control.
- Ability to frame up, prioritize and execute process improvements according to value, cost and risk with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of employees to plan, organize and complete multiple projects from inception to startup.
- Comfortable functioning in a variety of roles ranging from plant floor troubleshooting and problem solving to leading long term process improvement projects.
- Demonstrated ability to execute, manage and/or develop projects effectively. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute against production plans to meet output requirements
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, production driven work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle situations with a strong bias towards Continuous Improvement fundamentals.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including Six Sigma, 5S, TPS, etc. Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP).
- Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module and AutoCAD a plus.
- Ability to methodically collect and analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years previous liquid chemical, batch processing or production engineering experience in high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment. CPG experience preferred.
- Flexibility to work various hours and shifts as needed, especially during large projects, installations, etc.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More