Business & Product Quality Head - Americas
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The incumbent is responsible for managing Business Quality that supports the Church & Dwight business throughout North, Central and Latin America. Additionally, the role is the U.S. Business Quality Head and the Local Site Quality Head for Princeton /Ewing. This position is responsible for compliance to all corporate quality policies, all standards for which C&D has a certification, and all applicable Regulatory Authority requirements for the countries within scope.
- Member of the Global Quality Extended Leadership Team and the Management Representative for the U.S.
- Quality representative on the business boards. Liaise with the General Managers of Canada and Mexico and the Vice Presidents of Marketing in the U.S. Is responsible for sharing key risks on customer feedback and product changes/launches.
- Management of Direct Reports and a team of 20+ people across multiple countries, including two Business Quality Managers. Manage all quality activities for the Americas, considering required resources, business needs deadlines and priorities.
- Oversees the Americas Business Quality budget of $ 0.7 million.
- Lead and manage critical Quality Management systems for the U.S. – internal auditing, health authority inspections, and certification audits for the corporate offices in New Jersey, Princeton CAPA board, U.S. quality goals, and Quality Management Review.
- Oversee the Business Quality Managers for Canada and Mexico and all associated activities with these roles, such as internal auditing, investigation management & CAPA, remediation, document and change control, and projects.
- Collaborates and communicates key data and risks from the global quality teams, including Consumer Complaints, Product Quality, Global Manufacturing & Supplier Quality, and Quality Management Systems, to business partners and stakeholders.
- Work with the International business team to support expansion into Central and Latin America.
- Lead and manage remediation initiatives for the Americas, working collaboratively with the Global Compliance Head. Joint decision maker for field actions in these countries.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for continuous improvement to optimize efficiency, performance and cost for the Americas.
- Lead, coach and mentor staff; maintaining a competent staff through training, development, motivation and performance management; and, develop future successors for the quality team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree from an accredited university, with a Masters degree preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience working in a combination of Quality and Regulatory or Product Development. Black belt is a plus.
- Knowledge of U.S., Canada and Mexico Regulations and standards for OTC, Medical Device, Cosmetic, Food and Food Supplements, and animal nutrition, or a combination of these. ISO 13485:2016 and MDSAP knowledge is a must.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and communication skills at senior levels of management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop trusting and positive relationships at all levels to accelerate getting things done.
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated results and leadership accomplishments.
- Strong critical, analytical and creative thinking skills with an ability to imagine new, innovative ways to transform the quality function.
- Demonstrated talent management experience with developing talent for the future.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More