Business Engagement Manager, Finance & IT
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
CONSUMER PRODUCTS • SPECIALTY PRODUCTS
The Business Engagement Manager role is a senior role within the IT organization and is responsible for working with business partners to build and maintain strategic relationships and to drive alignment between the IT organization and assigned functional area leaders to ensure that the IT organization delivers solutions that enable the business area to meet its goals and deliver the maximum business value to Church & Dwight. This individual is responsible to work across functions and levels to understand business value opportunities, quantify the return of seizing those opportunities and mobilize projects/activities to build the necessary executive sponsorship, cross-functional alignment and ultimately secure the needed funding and resourcing.
- Responsible for the overall customer satisfaction for specific business area(s) and works within the IT organization to manage the full value chain of IT activities and service level commitments on behalf of the customer
- Aligns IT strategy to business area strategy: engages in the business area’s strategic planning, conducts needs analysis and business risk assessments, and engages the IT customer in the corporate IT strategic planning process. Negotiates the needs of multiple users or business areas.
- Manages the functional portfolio of IT investments to deliver optimal business value to the organization aligned with the architecture and strategy
- Builds and maintains relationships with business leadership partners and serves as a trusted advisor to business leadership on technology, information and process needs and activities.
- Engages in the business area’s strategic planning, conducts needs analysis and business risk assessments.
- Assists in creating the functional portfolio of IT investments to deliver optimal business value to the organization aligned with the IT architecture and strategy and ensures that the functional area is appropriately reflected in the global IT budget.
- Creates and maintains strong relationships with IT partners (VP, Director and Manager levels) and IT peers (e.g. Project Management Office, Delivery, etc.), drives collaboration between IT and the business and serves as the IT point of contact for specific business areas.
- Represents and promotes IT capabilities, identifies specific business and technology opportunities to enable the customer’s business (IT, business process improvement, innovative process reengineering) and collaborates with the IT business partners to define the business value of such opportunities.
- Understands the IT business partner’s business, company direction, emerging technologies, and how competitors and best-in-class companies use technologies and brings creative ideas to CHD on how to leverage technology to a greater extent.
- Promotes business area understanding and adoption of IT processes/tools and standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience is required; graduate degree preferred
- Specific business area knowledge and relevant technology experience
- 12+ years of Information Technology or relevant industry experience
- 10 years of Information Technology experience managing information related technologies, resources and projects, including teams with direct reports.
- Experience communicating with senior leaders, direct reports, business partners, and vendors, to ensure collaboration, efficiency, and service excellence.
- Experience developing and leading teams, both direct reports and cross-functional.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to provide innovative solutions using development tools and processes.
- Articulate, confident and fluent communicator
- Experience in the following areas/disciplines: Capability Roadmap Development, IT project management, Business Case Development, Vendor Management, Portfolio Management, Strategic Planning
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More