Baking Soda Packaging Operator
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Prepares orders with exact product counts by line item for direct product shipment to select customers, on time, utilizing safe work practices.
This is at the Old Fort, OH Plant reporting on Shift 997: Friday & Saturday 7:30pm-7:30am; Sunday 7:30pm-3:30am; Wednesday 3:30pm-11:30pm
• Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Operates automatic or semi-automatic filling, casing, palletizing, or conveying equipment
- Performs complete startup and shutdown of the line, which includes setting date coders, setting glue pattern, and clearing and setting all scales, etc.
- Performs routine quality inspections to ensure package quality
- Possesses basic mechanical skills to fill in as the mechanic as needed
- Maintains a clean and safe operating area by following 5S program to include, sweeping the floor, dumping the trash, recouping product and removing scrap, etc.
- Inspects and maintains a proper supply of packaging materials such as cartons, containers and glue to the line.
- Maintains proper weight control (weight and standard deviation) and Inspects filled packages for conformance to quality requirements.
- Subject to overtime as needed to meet production demands.
- Understands and adheres to all plant food safety programs and basic HACCP principles
- Work with regulated product to meet GFSI and FDA standards
- Elevates any conflicts in the production schedule, performance, or quality issues to the appropriate parties
- Understands and adheres to Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Assists in equipment set up and changeover as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work any shift during the week as well as weekends
- Use safe operating procedures and judgment
- Operate forklift in a safe and timely manner.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately.
- Follow all facility rules to maintain quality and integrity of both raw materials and finished products
- Lift 50 pounds consistently
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School Diploma / GED is required
- Six months forklift experience preferred
- Manufacturing/Industrial experience required
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More