Operations Business Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Working with cross functional teams, the Operations Business Manager is the direct contact to the Contract Manufacturer (CM) for all aspects of external manufacturing for new product launches and various cost savings programs. This includes sourcing selection, price negotiation, facilitating the flow of information between C&D and the CM, capital management as required and ultimately ensuring we achieve the start of shipment commitments to our customers.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide due diligence on Make versus Buy analysis for new product launches and more complex product changes, making recommendations on final sourcing selection
- Responsible for contract manufacturers sourcing to ensure reliable supply optimized for best cost and services
- Responsible for project price negotiations
- Identify capital requirements for various projects creating the business justification and managing CM’s implementation
- Writes capital requests and manages cash flow forecasting for capital projects
- Responsible for CM’s delivery on product launches of first production requirements by managing both the C&D/CM communication process as well as the CM’s internal processes (master data creation, BOM specification approval, material ordering, capacity planning, etc…)
- Ensure onboarding of new CM’s to C&D business processes including production planning, Quality, Safety, shipping KPI’s and others.
- Identify and drive cost saving initiatives across their product portfolio, including implementation
- As required, support the Senior OBM with commercial management of CM’s. This could include contract negotiation, capacity planning and debottlenecking, capital expansion/start-up, KPI reviews and inventory strategies.
- Travel up to 20% is expected.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Advanced skills in digital software required (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Project, PowerBI)
- 5 to 7 years background in Manufacturing, Planning, Operations or Purchasing
- Strong business acumen required
- Certifications, such as APICS, considered an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Desire and motivation to independently manage areas of responsibility; ability to negotiate pricing; strategically minded with advanced analytical and financial skills
- Demonstrate abilities to advance in leadership roles
- Ability to Peer Coach C&D employees
- Demonstrated ability to make quick decisions independently, communicate on all levels internally and externally
- Ability to work as part of a team with other departments including Marketing, NPD, Finance, R&D and OPS
- Ability to work with complex concepts, analyze data, draw conclusions, make recommendations while using judgment, experience and increasing industry knowledge
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More