A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position requires innovation in formulation and a focus on improvement of new and existing products, interaction with management, and other functional business areas. The Research Engineer will provide technical expertise and direction in the formulation, development and testing of current and new products, including a focus on pilot plant and plant trial development and execution. May have oversight of the day-to-day activities of technician- and laboratory associate-level personnel.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Design and execute experiments to provide technical support to projects. Collect and analyze data. Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based recommendations for next action steps.
- Develop formulations for prototypes and products to meet consumer needs; understand consumer needs/gaps so that new product opportunities can be identified.
- Design and conduct various types of storage stability studies as needed for a given project or product.
- Develop laboratory models to predict performance of competitive and prototype products; determine performance of and qualify new ingredients.
- Design/develop and carry out plant trials which ultimately lead to adoption in plant production/operations.
- Work in an ISO certified lab environment and provide support to maintain certifications. Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies within ISO certified lab. Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies within Responsible Care.
- Participate in Stage Gate meetings as appropriate.
- Write project reports, specifications, procedures and policies as needed.
- Prepare and assemble Design History File, Bundle Books, Project Summary Sheets, MSDS and other relevant documentation to support launch of new products.
Education and Experience
BS degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry / Biology / Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More