A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The individual will conduct packaging development projects from initiation through manufacture (launch). Projects will consist of modifications of packaging for existing products as well as the packaging for new products.
The individual will be responsible for meeting timelines, finding solutions to problems, managing expectations, and delivering to those expectations. The individual will have accountability to their packaging projects to assure they meet quality and consumer expectations while maintaining project schedule.
Under limited manager supervision, the individual will also work closely with quality, finance, procurement, regulatory, engineering, operations, consultants and outside vendors.
- Packaging development with various materials: fiberboard, corrugated, plastics, films
- Execute basic projects with complete scope from primary through tertiary packaging development
- Generation and execution of test plans and reports
- Creation and maintaining of time lines
- Completion of qualification programs for new package designs and materials
- Completion of cost savings initiatives as related to package designs and materials
- Travel to vendor and manufacturing locations for support of packaging project activities
- Hands-on evaluation of packaging for conformance to project requirements. These activities can occur in warehouses and in packaging laboratory studies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate would have a minimum of one year of relevant experience in package development. A preference will be towards candidates that have experience in “consumer goods” packaging areas.
The candidate should have a BS degree in Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering sciences
Ideal experience would include knowledge of the following areas:
- Primary through tertiary packaging development for new product launches
- Coordination and completion of qualification for new package designs and materials
- Development of component specifications
- Basic Knowledge across different packaging materials / converting methods:
- Corrugated containers
- Folding cartons (solid fiberboard)
- Plastic bottles
- Flexible Packaging
- Thermoformed Packaging
- Injection Molding
OTHER SKILLS NEEDED
- High interpersonal skills clearly showing strong communication interdepartmentally and in cross-corporate environments
- A self-motivated and proactive personality with ambitions to “learn and deliver” within a fast paced, “employee empowered” atmosphere
- High competency in Microsoft applications and general computer usage.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More