A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Support & advise the Management team in all aspects of Safety, Health & Environment
(EHS) with a strong focus on implementing ESO initiatives, including developing & driving
site initiatives leading to continuous improvement in EHS performance.
The EHS Manager ensures compliance with regulations and Company standards through
development and execution of EHS systems and standards while interacting with
employees on a routine basis.
Develops a culture where safety, health and environment are ingrained as a core value
with all employees, everyone is actively engaged in performing their work in a safe
manner, everyone actively interacts with co-workers to prevent at-risk behaviors.
Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Has a strong influence on the behavior of the Management team as a whole and
the development of Safety, Health and Environment strategies, programs, goals,
· Develop a holistic strategy and implementation plan, aligned with ESO priorities &
objectives, that guides implementation and communication of the strategy,
including the compliance calendar and execution plan.
· Develop, manage, update, and monitor all EHS programs, systems, processes, and
standards to be best in class via hands on, coaching, leadership, assessment,
implementation, and teamwork.
· Responsible for developing and implementing EHS training in compliance with
regulatory and company standards.
· Ensure adherence to all legal and company policies and standards related to EHS.
· Effectively communicates with external agencies, organizations, community, and
· Works and coordinates all case management according to legal and company
standards including worker's compensation, incident investigation, RCA, and
return to work.
· Monitor and communicate to improve decision making regarding EHS and to
integrate EHS into business decisions.
· Provide coaching & support to the Plant Management and supervisors to achieve
EHS objectives and to ensure EHS remains a line management responsibility.
· Manage all EHS metrics and submittals to legal, regulatory and company requirements, including using leading & lagging indicators to drive change & monitor performance. · Drive excellence through active participation on the production floor. · Develop and implement processes and standards to ensure compliance with company and regulatory agency policies, including federal, state, and local legislation and regulations. · Analyze, critique, and review all changes within the site, including new engineering design reports, plans and specification within EHS laws and regulations, including new equipment. · Leads and coordinates the Safety and Environmental audits & inspections, updating and monitoring of systems, and the implementation and tracking of action plans, including benchmarking, and participating in other sites' audits. · Develop, sponsor, and lead a dynamic BBS system. · Provides EHS functional and technical expertise/coaching as needed in all areas and initiatives of the function.al partners including engineering, HR, Quality, Operations, Logistics etc. to deliver on goals and plans. · Demonstrate the ability to assess and ensure workplace conditions where they conform to applicable legal and company standards. · Lead and teach procedures for government agency inspections and visits. · Facilitate programs to identify, assess & manage safety & environmental risks, i.e., process risks, spills, etc. · Facilitate and sustain the permit-to-work program to manage high-hazard tasks, incorporating risk prediction and aligned with corporate standards. · Facilitate programs to identify, assess & manage risks and opportunities of Musculo-skeletal diseases associated with manual handling and repetitive tasks. · Lead the effective implementation and utilization of risk assessment and risk prediction processes within your team to ensure these tools are effective at identifying and mitigating hazards and effectively communicated/ understood by all affected employees. · Collaborate with Engineering on conduct and response to FM Global audits. · Facilitate programs to identify, assess & manage risks associated with chemical agents, e.g., dusts, sensitizers, cleaning chemicals, laboratory chemicals, facilities/ maintenance chemicals, asbestos. · Facilitate programs to identify, assess & manage risks associated with industrial hygiene components (noise, lighting, dust, hot & cold environments, and other industrial hygiene risks) · Maintain a flexible 24/7 schedule and lead by example for all EHS and leadership behaviors.
Education and Experience Capabilities: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
· Required: Bachelor's degree in engineering and/or safety/industrial hygiene
discipline, environmental discipline, or related disciplines.
· Preferred: +5 years’ experience in successfully managing and leading Safety,
Health & Environmental activities in a manufacturing environment.
· Required: +3 years’ experience in successfully managing and leading Safety, Health
& Environmental activities in a manufacturing environment.
· Required: expert knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations and policies, procedures, and programs. · Required: Excellent written and oral communication and leadership skills are required along with the ability able to communicate with audiences that have a broad range of background and understanding, influencing others and interpersonal interactions. · Required: Successfully demonstrated ability to manage change and make well-informed decisions in both routine and emergency situations. · Required: Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and prioritization skills required. · Required: Strong reading and comprehension skills, legal & regulatory interpretation, and technical writing skills (policies, standards, references, and training materials) · Required: Ability to work in a team environmental and the initiative to lead continuous improvement efforts. · Required: Must demonstrate good insight and ability to develop mutual solutions to challenges and deliver results through others. · Required: Training & presentation skills. · Required: MS office
Special Skills/Competencies & Requirements:
· Required: Expert in specialized safety, health and environmental systems and
compliance (working at height, LOTO, confined space, PSM/RMP, state specific
requirements, etc.), if required.
· Preferred: Train in specialized computer software/systems for EHS (Sphera,
· Preferred: Professional certifications in EHS related fields are considered
beneficial and may include CIH, CHMM, ASP, & CSP.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More